Have to thank you for MIS!

MomR

Cathe! I've been using MIS in a "slow and heavy" style for about 5 weeks now and I'm seeing teriffic results! What I've done is cut the reps in half either by using a Hold-two-three count for each rep with barbell OR by using alternating counts on dumbell moves. I was hoping this will prepare me for the slow and heavy series, but instead I'm seeing terrific results in the shape and strength muscles. I have to thank you for making one terriffic tape! This truly is a little "gem" and doing it twice a week adds up to only two hours/wk on weight training. Maybe you could answer this for me: Does working out slow and heavy make any greater demands on the body that would necessitate a longer or earliear rest period when working a nine week rotation? Will I have any trouble staying on a routine like this for a long time, maybe 6 months? (This was something that was mentioned briefly in Shape magazine.)

Hi! You can stay on any rotation as long as like as long as you are seeing continuous improvements and feeling recovered and strong during your workouts. Slow and heavy training is a very focused way to train. While it brings on tremendous results, the concentration and pace of the movement sometimes keeps this training style from being a popular first choice. You will know if your muscles need a longer rest period, mainly because they would feel too sore to workout again. Other general signs of needing a rest period would be if you feel like you are sluggish, your muscles are unresponsive, or you mentally dread your workouts. Just to keep all of your workouts refreshing, I think it is good to vary your rotations within two to four months. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.