Is this happening to anyone else?

Shelbyfit

Hi, Cathe et al,

I've been using your S/H series for the past 2-3 weeks now, and rather than noticing a leaner look in my figure, my pants are tighter! The rest of my body is developing nice tone gradually, but the thigh regions of my pants are much tighter than ever before. I have primarily been using Power Hour and S/H Legs & Shoulders for leg work the past several weeks, and have used poundage between 35 and 45 pounds. I am naturally a mesomorph and put on muscle quickly, but I am also pear-shaped and my legs tend to (or seem to) bulk. Should I simply lower the weight when I do these tapes?

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE these videos (and all the rest, too!), but the last thing my legs need is to look larger. Any suggestions (and has this been happening to anyone else?)?

Thanks so much, and congratulations on the news of your pregnancy! That's so wonderful. :)

Take care,
Amy S.

Hi Amy! Many times when you work with heavy weight, the muscles swell as they recover creating a temporary fuller look for a day or so. This could perhaps be what you are noticing. But if you feel that they are generally fuller no matter what day it is, then yes, simply try using lighter weight with the workout or cut back on the amount of leg work you do in a given week. Good Luck!

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Cathe! I think the culprit may have been weights that were too heavy, so I'm going to lighten up for the next couple of times I do S/H Legs. :)

I know you hear this all the time, but I don't know where I'd be without your workouts... I actually look forward to exercising - it's one of the highlights of my day. My physique has improved so dramatically since I started using your videos a couple years ago, and I will be forever grateful. Keep up the great work! (But more importantly, enjoy your pregnancy and family, too.) :)

Take care,
Amy

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Cathe! I think the culprit may have been weights that were too heavy, so I'm going to lighten up for the next couple of times I do S/H Legs. :)

I know you hear this all the time, but I don't know where I'd be without your workouts... I actually look forward to exercising - it's one of the highlights of my day. My physique has improved so dramatically since I started using your videos a couple years ago, and I will be forever grateful. Keep up the great work! (But more importantly, enjoy your pregnancy and family, too.) :)

Take care,
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.