Gymnast thighs!

mspitzer

I am a 15 year gymnast who just recently decided to end my gymnastics career. Along with being a gymnast came the big, muscular thighs! Now that these powerhouses are not really needed any more, I would really like to lean them out and slim them down! However, I am having a lot of trouble finding exercises and programs that do not bulk me up even more! Any suggestions on exercises to lean out these bad boys in order to fit back into my old jeans would be much appreciated!

Thanks for all your help!!!
Molly Spitzer

Hi Molly! No worries at all. Eat very clean and healthy and remain active.

Include a couple of steady state cardio runs (on treadmill or outdoors) in addition to your other cardio workouts. For now, stay away from plyometrics (or do once every 10 days) since this is what you have been doing for so long (change is good) and your body obviously a fast twitch fiber machine :).

For Legs I recommend my DVD Butts and Guts for your lower body sculpting. Also my DVD leaner legs.

For overall sculpting Do my DVD Muscle Endurance and my DVD Power Hour (ie: one on Monday and the other on Thursday).

For a circuit workout
Do my DVD Cardio and Weights (its a step workout). If you don't have (or don't prefer) step than do my Cardio Core Circuit DVD

A typical week could look like this:

Mon....Muscle Endurance
Tues.....run 45 minutes
Wed....Run 45 minutes
Thurs....Power Hour
Fri....Yoga workout (of your choice)
Sat...Cardio and Weights OR Cardio Core Circuit
Sun....OFF

Good Luck and remember that eating clean is VERY important!

I am a 15 year gymnast who just recently decided to end my gymnastics career. Along with being a gymnast came the big, muscular thighs! Now that these powerhouses are not really needed any more, I would really like to lean them out and slim them down! However, I am having a lot of trouble finding exercises and programs that do not bulk me up even more! Any suggestions on exercises to lean out these bad boys in order to fit back into my old jeans would be much appreciated!

Thanks for all your help!!!
Molly Spitzer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.