good morning Cathletes

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
I'm going to be answering questions that I see here on the forums for the next hour. If you have one for me, feel free to send it now :)

Hi Cathe!! I had to hop on here as soon as I knew you'd be on today just so say this: whoooooaa nelly! The squat rack leg workout is killer but I LOVE it!! I'm in the final meso of the 6-month rotation and gave the squat rack version a try today versus plyo leg. Amazing!! I was so scared of it at first but worked myself right into it after the first round of squats. I'm constantly amazed at how you continue to surprise and impress me with STS even after doing these workouts for nearly 9 months! Wow, do I sound like an infomercial for STS or what ;)

Daytona question

Hi Cathe!!
I know how busy you are and I can't wait to workout with you in Daytona, and for Shock cardio. I was wondering if you have any more information for us about the casting call and what to expect. I'd love to know what would be good to practice and prepare for. Have a great day and rest of the week!!

Thanks,
Nicole

I don't find much time to check on the progress of STS Cardio. How are the rehearsals going. Are you getting tired from all of the HIIT? ;)

Hi, Cathe! Happy Tuesday! Are you getting excited for Daytona??? I hope rehearsals are going well and that you're kicking the crew's patootie.....so that you ALL can turn around and kick OURS!

Quick question for you, if you don't mind, and IF you have a quick minute (I'm headed out the door so I'll have to wait to see your answer). If you had to pick just 2 exercises for each upper body part to work on super sets, what would they be??? I'm currently doing a Body For Life rotation and want to change up my pyramids, but I can't decide which 2 moves to use for each (UB) body part.

Sorry to hit and run!!!!!!!! Enjoy your Tuesday and OFF I GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gayle

Hi Cathe. My question is about switching back to some of the muscle endurance workouts. After STS I wanted to continue with the strength and muscle building (building on my gains from STS). I am about to be finished with an 8 week rotation where I used S&H, GS, PS, and discs from Meso 2. I was basically doing 1-2 muscle groups at a time, really focusing on the muscle and increasing my weights. I think I would like to go back to some of the muscle endurance workouts for a month. Would you recommend doing these twice a week or try ting to continue going heavier and only doing once a week? Not sure if I should attempt to separate the exercises out by muscle group and double up (for example, just do chest from PH twice) or do full body. I guess there are so many options I never thought of!

Thanks,
Heather

Hey Cathe! I finally caught you, couldn't be because I'm layed up sitting on the couch with my foot up. lol. Anyway, I'm so sad I can't go to Daytona, once I made the decision I was so pumped. So take lots of pictures and have lots of fun! Se ya next time! Is it true that it only take two weeks to start to lose what cardio you've built up?

Bridget

Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping in. I'm glad to hear you are feeling so inspired by STS. The squat routine is a toughie for sure. The trick is having access to the heaviest weight you can handle and then being able to manage that weight on and off your back safely. If those elements are in place, this routine kicks butt. Keep shocking it !!!! :)

Hi Cathe! Not sure you'll know how to answer this, but I'm going to give it a shot. I did your August rotation, and in that last week where we did STS Meso 3, I went too heavy on a chest press and did something to my shoulder/upper back. I laid off it a couple of weeks, jumped in with a lighter workout, but it included pushups, and made it sorer than ever. So, I've been laying off since Sept. 10th, but how long do I wait? I'm itching to get back -- the soreness is gone, but it was before, too..... do you know how I can know when to get back to it? I'm going to stay away from pushups for a while, I'll tell you that!

thanks!!

-Beth

Hi Cathe!! Hope you are doing well. I have the same questions as everyone else, it appears, how are Shock Cardio rehearsals coming along? Any info on the MMA workouts yet? And how much longer until we have info on the othe Cathe Road Trip Tour venues - Chicago in particular. Thanks!! And a big THANK YOU for all you do!! I can't wait to do STS again once Shock Cardio is ready - oops one more question - will you be structuring two rotations 3 1/2 and 6 months with Shock Cardio - do you recommend one over the other? Thanks again! You're the best!!

Maria

I just wanted to say THANK YOU Cathe ! I got my tower and it's awesome !!!
I appreciate your awesome presales and always take advantage of them.
Am also very excited about starting STS over with the tower and the addition of Shock Cardio .
I don't know how you do all you do , but I sure am grateful !!!!!
I am a year older than you, and receiving more compliments on my body (and workouts!) than I ever have in my life !!

Becky

Hi Cathe (I never seem to catch you on these days since I'm in France and the time zone thing is weird!)...

Anyway, I'm patiently awaiting STS cardio! I can't wait to see your new stuff!

I'm going to be finishing up the 60 day insanity rotation in the next couple of weeks (I've missed your smiling face) and while it has burned off a lot of my body fat, I am wanting to build some lean muscle mass in the next couple of months. I'm going on a cruise over New Year's for my 30th birthday and my goal has always been to be in the best shape of my life. I am a "skinny" girl (5'3", 123 lbs or so) but don't have a ton of tone. What would you recommend I do for the last 6 weeks or so to give my muscles (particularly my UB) some pop?

Thanks so much for all you do!

angie

That is a very great question Nicole. I would have the same questions too. I am still putting this together. Being that I will be giving classes during the whole weekend we will have a room off to the side where you will be video taped for me to view at a later date. I will also have some brief chatter with you during that weekend to discuss your audition with me. You will also submit a little paragraph or two of your background and why you would like to be in a future Cathe video. There is no right or wrong answer to this, I'm just wanting to hear of your connection and passion of why this is something you would really like to do.

I will put together something and have you demonstrate it. I am looking for strength, endurance, stamina, technique, form, stepping ability, push up form (on knees is acceptable), natural showmanship, the ability to have fun and sweat hard ....hope that helps for now:D

Hi Cathe!!
I know how busy you are and I can't wait to workout with you in Daytona, and for Shock cardio. I was wondering if you have any more information for us about the casting call and what to expect. I'd love to know what would be good to practice and prepare for. Have a great day and rest of the week!!

Thanks,
Nicole

Power Tower Qurstion

Hi Cathe! I am so excited to start using my tower today! THANK YOU A HUNDERED TIMES OVER!

Form ?: When doing a pull or chin is the bar suppose to be in front of the shoulders or as close to parallel as possible? Also will there be a CatheTV segment on form- various positions-uses for this awesome contraption that I am addicted to using?

Have a GREAT Daytona kickoff!

Hi Jacque! I love HIIT. Short n sweet, short n sweaty, get in and get out. Not a lot to think about but certainly a lot to do, physically that is....We are rehearsing travel fit for a jumping breather tonight. Thanks for popping in!

I don't find much time to check on the progress of STS Cardio. How are the rehearsals going. Are you getting tired from all of the HIIT? ;)

Hi Cathe! I was wondering about muscle growth and STS...if your main goal is hypertrophy, should you keep doing Meso 2 over and over (increasing your weights each round), or should you do STS as designed? Thanks!

Good Morning Cathe,

Quick ? for ya. I am working on meso 2 this month, thi sis week 3. Today I did Chest,shoulders & tri's. With all those sets on the first round for each body part is it ok to drop the weight down from what I have used for those particular exercises in the previous weeks? (I did :rolleyes:)

I am really enjoying it. Especially the legs, I can see gains from those love/hate plate exercises! :D

Thanks & have a super 1st day of fall!
Tami

Hi Cathe! I was wondering about muscle growth and STS...if your main goal is hypertrophy, should you keep doing Meso 2 over and over (increasing your weights each round), or should you do STS as designed? Thanks!

I'd like the answer to this too, if possible.

Maria

Also, one last question, do you know if the Power Tower will make it to retail like the other Fitness by Cathe products? Thanks again!!

Maria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.