Getting mom to exercise

lis1

Cathlete
I have a question about getting my mom to exercise. About 6 mos ago, she was on a roll- going to the gym 2-3xs a week. Then she got an office nursing job (35hrs/wk) after not working for 15 years. So she's tired from working and has no desire to exercise. I want her to workout because she's slightly overweight and eats a lot of fat. Of course, she can't do Cathe tapes like me, but how can I get her to incorporate small workouts into her life?
Thanks
PS- I'm a student and live with her

Hi Lis! If your mom was doing two to three times per week six months ago then she already has been bitten by the fitness bug and will have a much easier time getting back into the swing of things. Since you live with her, encourage her to go for 15 minute brisk walks with you three times per week to get her into it again. Spend just 10 minutes every other day doing weights (5 minutes for an upper body part and five minutes on lower body per workout). Three days a week add just three minutes of abs to your 10 minute weight workouts. This should be enough to give her more stamina at work plus get her remotivated to want to bring fitness back into her life. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.