Future plans for Slow and Heavy

kathryn

Cathlete
Cathe,
I haven't done Slow and Heavy yet, but I'm already thinking of ways to get it to "go further", especially by using the advantages of DVD (yes, those of us poor souls who had to wait in agony while the video buyers raved about the new workouts now have an advantage --Heh heh heh (that's an evil laugh).)
I'm thinking of mixing together 1-2 exercises per body part to get a 1-hour total body routine. What would your suggestions be for the "perfect" mix? (Take your time and think, but don't forget me!). ;-)

Just moving up so I don't get lost! ;-)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-01 AT 12:07PM (Est)[/font][p] (again!)

Hi! I'm not Cathe, but I have heard that you should work body parts in order of largest to smallest. For example: Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, abs and lower back. Cathe almost always works our muscles in this way, which is why I think her tapes are so great. :) Anyway, hoped that helps a little.

Thanks! I already knew about the largest-to-smallest, but since there are several exercises for each body part, I was wondering which ones Cathe (or others) would suggest for a one-hour version of the routine.

Kathryn,

Did you notice the workout is designed to work opposing muscle groups? Chest with Back, Bis and Tris, and Shoulders with Legs. That way you work a group without pre-exhausting the other muscle group. Have you cinsidered condensing the existing set up?

Bobbi
:)

That's another thought. I may do that, too. I guess I'll just play around with it a bit and see what works best (I'm soooo into Power Hour now, I probably won't get to Slow and Heavy for a few weeks anyway ;-)

How about just choosing the exercises for each muscle group that are the hardest and most challenging for you to do? That way you'll get the most out of the one hour that you exercise!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.