Floor question

katia7

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
This might be a strange questions, but maybe you can help.
I workout in the basement which has a tile floor. Curently I put a piece of carpet on it (the flat kind so that I could pivit). However it is farely thin and not too good of a shock proof. Do you have any ideas about what I can put on that floor so that I could do all those playos and jumps without hurting my feet and knees?
Thanks
Katia

Hi Katia,

Not Cathe here, but I have heard thta interlocking matts that can bought at Home Depot. I've heard others mention that they've seen them at BJ's, CostCo, Sam's Club, etc. They are about 2.5" thick, black foam. They aren't cheap. But they are good for a workout area.

Hi Katie, I recently bought the interlocking squares to use over my basement carpeting. Home Depot had black ones for $15 per 3 pack. At Sams they were about half of that price but are brightly colored.
I found that I needed 3 packs and then I put my step over them. They really help my knees alot.

Lauren

Hi Lauren,
How much floor (sq ft) do the 3 pack interlocking squares cover when you put them togather?
Thanks
Katia

Katia,
I made a mistake. There are 4 squares per pack. Each square is 2' X 2' - so with 3 packs, I made an area 8 x 6 feet.

Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.