Fitness = great vacay!! Thanks Cathe!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Hey Hey!!! Ms Cathe!!!

I just got back from 4 days in St Louis, and wanted to thank you for the many, many butt kickings you have given me over the past few years. We stopped on the way down at the Indian burial mounds, and climbed all the way to the top up all the stairs - no huffin' no puffin. We went to the City Museum and climbed from the bottom of the caves, up rocks and ledges and humps and bumps and then stairs about 10 stories up - no huffin and puffin. And then up, up, up thru rebar scaffolding and twisted wire cages, climb, climb, crawl, crawl, no huffin, no puffin, no wide butt getting stuck. There was a time, just a few short years ago where all that climbing and crawling and squeezing wouldn't have been doable - no way, no how. And there I was just bouncing along. When we were at the museum - a very active, hands on, climby, crawly place - I saw parents who just had to watch and felt sad for them that they couldn't do it and for their kids as well not having parents who could participate. I'm not sure my butt would have fit to go into the little pod that goes up to the top of the arch, if it wasn't for you.

I've told you before, and will tell you again (and probably again :p:)) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all that you've done to get me in the best shape of my life. I can do things now at 31 that I sure as heck couldn't do at 21. It still amazes me that a little hard work (an hour or so a day) with eating (mostly) right can bring about so many little changes that just snowball and keep on going. As I was crawling and monkeying around like a 5 year old and was climbing up endless stairs at the Indian mounds not even breathing heavy - you were the 1st person I thought of.

I know I still have a ways to go but I really, truly belive with your help and encouragment I will get there. It may not be today or tomorrow but I will get there. I am 5 lbs away from the 100# lost mark, with ultimately another 15 to go. I start STS over again with the 6 month rotation in a week, and STS cardio whenever it shows up on my doorstep. My hope is that, with the momentum I've built and the happiness of doing something new, and conquering a new beastie (STS cardio) is what I hope will get me there.

This thread got a little long and rambly, but once I got going, I couldn't stop. So again, thank you for all the changes you've brought to my life. Not just in being able to workout for an hour(and have fun doing it), or lift heavier weights than I ever thought possible but for all the little things that add up to the big things. For being able to do what I couldn't for so long, and not having to be a watcher, but a doer. THANK YOU!!!!!

Nan

Who?

Now, you know YOU did all the work. I think this falls in the category of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". You can show someone the way to fitness but you can't make them fit. Take all the credit for yourself.

Even tho you are posting to Cathe, i just had to respond. Thank YOU for additional inspiration towards my own goals! I have around 80 - 90 lbs to lose and reading your post gave me a sense of anticipation, i'm looking forward to the days when there is no more huffing and puffing, no more sweating (unless i want to!), etc. I am 27 now, and have been slim before, but never in true butt kicking shape..and i am really going to get there this time! You post makes me giddy thinking that maybe in just a short amount of time, i can be active and moving again. No more putting things off, no more being reluctant to play sports cause i'll be the "sweaty fat girl" (as i jokingly call myself) who gets tired the quickest. Thanks again, and good luck with your goals! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.