fit tv

cvfinnegan

now that it is 2011 i noticed cathe is no longer on FIT TV. what happened? is there another station that has cathe workouts? please let me know:(

We really don't have any insider information to share. Oprah is now involved in the ownership of some of the channels on Discovery and I'm sure there will be many changes. Discovery has renewed us through 2011, but that only means they have the rights to broadcast our programs, not that they actually will. From what I have read and heard Discovery is looking to increase viewer's on some of their under performing channels, hence the relationship with Oprah. We will have to wait and see what this means for Fit TV and if it survives the shakeup.

Our shows are only shown on Fit Tv, but all of our shows are available from us in either DVD or as downloads.

Last edited:
thanks for the info. it's too bad i liked the option of having cathe on fit tv even thought i do have many of her dvds.

thanks for the info. it's too bad i liked the option of having cathe on fit tv even thought i do have many of her dvds.

I agree! It gave me something to look forward to! I would get done with one of my beginner dvd's, turn on fitTV @ noon( thats her scheduled air time out here) while I get on the comp and update my w/o manager........:( I HATE change!!!

I just changed to DirectTV and got Fittv. Managed to record the 3 Core Max and 3 Stretch Max's before this happened. Lucky me!!

Our shows are only shown on Fit Tv, but all of our shows are available from us in either DVD or as downloads.

Grr. Unfortunately, I just started doing Cathe's workouts on FitTV in early December. As an unemployed person with more student loan debt than unemployment income, I don't think I'll be seeing Cathe for a while, especially at $22 a pop. Time to save pennies. This just sucks.

Perhaps Oprah is one person to whom we should be directing our complaints.

git tv

yes maybe we should find a way to communicate this to oprah's new station there must be some kind of contact info

Voice Your Opinion

I am so disappointed with Fit TV. I also have quite a few Cathe DVDs, but since becoming unemployed last summer, I have enjoyed strategizing my day around the Cathe workouts on Fit TV (and some other fun workouts that are now gone). When I realized that the network had eliminated most of my favorite material, I was so upset that I responded with a rather sarcastic comment. There are a great many fans who are complaining--via email, telephone, and posted comments--so, hopefully someone will right the wrong. Personally, I am dropping the channel until/unless the network resumes the programming that made me a daily viewer (and customer).

If anyone wants to voice his/her opinion on the subject, you can go to Discovery and submit your feedback via this link:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891945786/m/9801936418

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets oiled!!

thanks for the link i just signed up for discovery on line and posted my comments about the changes on fit tv. seems like a lot of people out there
agree that cathe and the other exercise shows should be put back on. after all it is fit tv but with the new shows i don't know what it is anymore!!!

Grr. Unfortunately, I just started doing Cathe's workouts on FitTV in early December. As an unemployed person with more student loan debt than unemployment income, I don't think I'll be seeing Cathe for a while, especially at $22 a pop. Time to save pennies. This just sucks.

Perhaps Oprah is one person to whom we should be directing our complaints.

Here is an option for you possibly, on Amazon they have used copies of Cathe's workouts that would be cheaper than buying new.

Or if you have Ipod/MP3 then her download are at a cheaper cost as well.

Hope this helps :)

cvfinnegan said:
thanks for the link i just signed up for discovery on line and posted my comments about the changes on fit tv. seems like a lot of people out there
agree that cathe and the other exercise shows should be put back on. after all it is fit tv but with the new shows i don't know what it is anymore!!!

I basically told Discovery the same. Why call a network FitTv if you are gonna dump all the dreck from less successful networks there. I don't want to watch shows centered around a morgue.

Better Link

I noticed that the moderator to the Fit-TV complaints has closed the thread.

Here is a link I found that promises to get, at least, a little attention. It is a form used to pose questions and solicit a response from the network. One note though: the form operates so slowly that the user will think it's not working. Once you type in the requested info, click on the "Next" button, and just sit and wait as long as it take for the next screen to come up. It will...but it takes a LONG time.

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

I had to dropp Dirct TV in which I had FitTV b/c I wasn't going to be south facing.

Glad I started buying the workouts :)

I love FitTV but hadn't noticed Cathe not being on (I have most of her DVD's and would just watch her there "for fun". :) ).

Oprah did take over the Discovery Health channel, which was another one of my faves. I was sad that I would be losing some of the shows there (Ex. Dr. G Medical Examiner - Very interesting show), but was very happy to see that some shows are now being shown on FitTV.

Sorry if Dr. G. took away your Cathe time. :\
Kel

I just found this out... I actually subscribed to Directv because they offered Fittv. I did tape most of the fitness shows that I liked, so I have them on dvr. They still have Gilad, Sharon Mann and a few others but no Cathe... what a bummer, no warning either... I have 1 more year with Directv, after that I will get another cable package that is cheaper.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.