firming and cathe??????????

D

Denice

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-01 AT 08:11PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-01 AT 08:09 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi, Im Denice, Im an advanced excerciser and I need your help in what to choose from your tapes for toning and building muscle. Right now i am doing thr firm and would like to encorporate your videos, I hear so much about them. My goal is to get those really shapely arms and legs. I dont want to look bulky but more defined. what should I get in terms of weight tapes. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks alot Denice.

Hey Denice,
I have done all of Cathe's weight training tapes and you can't go wrong with any of them. Right now I am doing a 3 week rotation with Slow and Heavy series and then one day a week Power Hour. My previous rotation was Pure strength series with one day of Maximum Intensity Strength. The Cross Train Express series is great for working one body part per day for 30 minutes. I like them all. Amy Jo

Amy, can you tell me if ones tones without bulking more then another???????? Denice

suggestions

Hi Denice,

If you want to avoid building muscle mass use lighter weights. You might enjoy Power Hour, MIS & BodyMax because the focus is on muscular endurance. The Pure Strength & Slow & Heavy series focus more on building muscular strength. The CTX series is in between.

Cathe posted a wonderful explanation of her strength workouts on 6/20/01. Look for Nikki's post "Cathe Video Help?" on this forum. Either do a search or just keep scooting back to June.

Debra

Hi! When I started with Cathe's weight tapes, I began with MIS (Maximum Intensity Strength). She provides lots of form tips and I would not consider this a tape that will make you bulky. I think it is just what you are looking for! It is a good introduction to Cathe to get used to her style.

Hi Amy, I just started Slow and Heavy last week, I did one tape Tuesday morning, then did another Tuesday night and finished with the last tape on Wednesday. I did Power Hour on Friday morning then did an upper body work out at the gym on Sunday morning. I notice that you are doing just 2 upper body workouts per week, is this enough? I ask as I wouldn't mind dropping one of mine but I'm wondering if this would be enough of a workout. I have to say I was dreading doing the S&H leg video, but I was really suprised that I actually liked it and it didn't kill me like I though it would. I never look forward to doing Leaner Legs.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Denice,
Woman do not bulk up like men do unless they weight train every day of the week with very heavy weights. I do all of the toning tapes and none of them have made me bulky, I do have that nice v shape finally and I just weight train my upper body 2x a week and my lower 2x a week. Good luck, Amy Jo

Hi Annabel,
I do only tone my upper body 2x a week, sometimes though I will do 3 days of shoulders, I really like those toning exercises. I feel that that is enough for me. Everyone is different. I have seen dramatic changes just doing 2x a week. I have big thighs to begin with, so I do not do legs more than 2x a week. Good luck, Amy Jo

Hi all, Thanks for all your replies, I already have mis, and love it, I now after readind posts bought from cathe site ph,s&h series, ps series and i got 1 free which was kickboxing, because i am bad at the stepp tapes, thanks again for your replies. Denice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.