Firming the buttocks

Marla

Hi Cathe and friends:

I have been working out for 4 years now (Cathe step and weight tapes) and walking. I cannot seem to tighten my buttocks. I eat a pretty healthy diet (Veggies, fruits, lean meats/fish/poultry) and stick to 1600 calories a day. Sometimes I go off though one day a week. Should I increase my weights during squats and lunges? I am so afraid I will gain too much there....Please help....

PS...I wear a size 3/4, 118lbs. @ 5'3"...and my body fat is 16%. It's bathing suit season again. I guess I tend to get discouraged because I really am trying so hard.

Thanks...

Hi Marla!! I too had a problem in this area. Until I started doing StepUps. I use 20lb dumbells during the Ps Series and 12-15lbs for Leaner Legs. I'm telling ya', they have worked miracles for my rear end!! I have about the same proportions as you. Same size clothing, but I'm only 5'1". Give them a shot and work in extras. The heavier weights really helped the most though. Ok, just my little 2 cents, butt (he he he!) I hope it helps you!

Aimee

Marla,

I've had GREAT luck with The FIRM workouts. There are a lot of "tall box climbs" or step-ups in their videos. There are also floor work videos that help improve that area also. Check out www.firmdirect.com.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.