Favorite moves for the Cathe Trip!

C

Clare

Hi fellow-trippers!

Cathe has sent me a tenative schedule for the Cathe weekend. (I won't publish it here, because it's not set in stone yet) Our very first class on Saturday will be an All-Star Cathe step class.

So Cathe would like to know your favorite moves! She promises to put them together in new ways.

I'm going to send everyone an e-mail, but I figured your answers should go here, where Cathe can read what you want!

Have Fun!

My favorites...

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-00 AT 11:59AM (EST)</font></center>

It's so hard to pick just one favorite move, so here are my top three:

1) Rhythmic L
2) 6-Count Pendulum across the step
3) Step-kick, Mambo back, Cha Cha front (from Step & Intervals)

Lynne

Ooooh, it's got to be....

that rock horse, shoot over, triple step out, triple step in, triple on the step. Geez, I just LOVE that one!
happy.gif
Oh, and that shuffle/pivot/A-step rates right up there in the top 10 too!
wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing Cathe and everyone again and meeting some new people as well!

Bev K.

Power!

Love those double jumprope jumps on the step...like in the interval blast at the end of MIC.

The three knees around the end...stradle down and three more knees on the other end...like a figure eight...oh..love figure eights too
wink.gif

That new reverse scoop on the step that is in the new tapes.

Up and backs.

Drop squats...oh, and there is a new combo in one of the tapes that uses it in a cool way.

Even though I am truly mamboless...that new mambo move on the step was neat.

Were we limited to suggestions
wink.gif
?!

nancy:O)

favorite moves

I second the rhythmic L from Interval Max, any of the kickboxing moves from Cardio Kicks and the Xpress series!

Marian

My Faves

I totally ditto what Lynne said - those are also my favorites, Lynne! I can't speak for the new videos since I'm a DVD holdout and don't know what's in them. My absolute least favorite move is the heel-toe-diagonal turn across the step-jack from Body Max. Not sure why, but that one really makes me cringe!

My wish list:

Two knees up, rebound back.

Power 15's (I just love them; don't ask me why!!)

The new move from all-step, rock on the step, hop turn, pivot, mambo, turn shuffle step, turn shuffle step, turn shuffle step.

Riccochet step and the up and back step (because I can't get them straight; I always do the opposite one!!)
Everyone needs a good laugh on the trip, I'm sure.

I'll think of some more, I'm sure!!

This is easy

Yes, Cathe must have been listening to us when she made her new videos, because I LOVE POWER 7's!! And POWER 15's!!!

Did I make my point?

Second choice would be the V-up with an elbow strike. Just makes you feel tough.

Suzanne M.

Give me......

Pendulums across the board

double Grapevines (where we have ENOUGH room to do them)

ANYTHING that releases the hips...

Wahhhhhhhhhooooooooo......
Cleda

So glad....

you guys said power 15s!
wink.gif
...I was afraid to mention them..thought I would get boo'd hehehe...but I did have a slight subliminal message starting my post
wink.gif

My favorites

BOO-BOO those power 7's and even more BOO to those power 15's!!! OUCH, OUCH, OUCH !!!!

Okay now to what I'd like to see....
Grapevines on the board with the Sayshay(how is that spelled?) on the board... from Stepworks...
Yeah, I love those double grapevines... I need to release my hips too Cleda!

Cathe, can you through in some funky dancy moves.... what's that-- some hissing from crowd.... How about some pat a bare not sure on the spelling and some dancy mambos, something to make us swing our hips
happy.gif

I can't speak for all the wonderful combos on the CTX series or CM and CK... I haven't recieved my DVDS.

Lydia

jacks and lunges!

Sorry but I like that heel-toe, diagonal, jack move! Actually I favor jumping jack moves
happy.gif
Also like jacks on the step into lunges. Lunges make me feel so powerful! Starting to like the poer 15's because I can now last through them!

Also like the intesity blast from MIC-step.

From MIC -hi/lo I like the knee front cross-overs and back and the traveling knee with the kicks.

From the kick box tapes, I love those arm drills, the power jumps and ice breakers!

Can't wait until the trip!

My two cents

I love the basketball corner to corner shoot over combo AND that knee up and step-ball-change from the Wedding video. I always smile ear to ear when I do those.

Can't wait for the trip! However, I'm going to make it a point to hunt down those of you who suggested those Power 15's! Yeeeeeow-za.

See you in October.

Lydia..

When I reposted, jumping on the power 15 band wagon...I almost said "Lydia...don't look!" LOL
wink.gif

a few

Can I add: shuffle L step, insoles around the world with hesitation, and shuffle repeater, plus add my vote for the rock horse/shoot over/triples around the board!

Bonnie (who's very happy she made it off the waiting list!)

Ooh, tough decisions!

It would be a much shorter list if you asked us to name the moves you DIDN'T want us to include!
happy.gif

Since I'm a DVDer, I haven't seen any of the new stuff yet. So, I'll put in my vote for the rock horse, shoot over, triple step combo. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the V-up-in-out-in-knee up combo. Fun!

Thanks for asking!
happy.gif

Kristin

A few...

I second the heel-toe, diagonal, jack move and ricochets, the power 7's and 15's, basketball corner to corner, step knees around the world

Jenn C

AND...

I really hope we get can fit in some killer kickboxing too!! Oh, and Val....I WILL FIND YOU and make YOU do my power 15's!! Tee hee.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!

My request...

is for over-facing-overs. That move always makes me want to fly, but with my low ceiling at home I've always had to restrain myself. It'll be great to be able to let loose without getting ceiling plaster under my fingernails! Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.