FAQ- Suggestion for 2008 calendar or sticky thread

jordan

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

There are some very popular frequently asked questions that pop up on this forum. Here are a few, but there are more. Have you ever thought about consolidating the most commonly asked questions and posting them in one place like the 2008 calendar or a sticky thread?

Why does Cathe wear a black band around her wrist?

It started out as a helpful reminder but now has become my good luck band. Funny, during the filming of one of the Intensity Series workouts, I noticed that I didn't have my band on while doing the warm up. I actually stopped production to go get it. It just didn't feel right with my bear wrist.

Cathe- a question about your diet

I don't follow a book or principle. I just take it meal by meal. I open the fridge and pull out a protein, some greens, and some complex carbs and that’s it. For instance, for lunch today I had 99% lean turkey burger, brown rice, steamed broccoli and green beans, and a glass of skim milk. I'm not one to make anything too complicated. Nutrition can get very complicated if you want it to be. I just am sure to eat a wide variety of healthy foods so that I get all the nutrients in me by weeks end. Hope that helps!

I don't go nuts on dieting. I like to eat clean most of the time but that doesn't mean I don't cheat. Sometimes I cheat as much as once a day. I know my body very well, and have a good idea of when I can get away with cheating and when I am going to have to pay for it.

What is eating clean?

Just try to eat your meals in their most unprocessed state.

Grilled chicken vs. fried chicken
Steamed broccoli vs. broccoli au gratin
baked potato vs. French fries
plain corn vs. creamed corn
An Apple vs. apple sauce

Cathe what’s your workout routine?

It always varies for me but overall I average an hour a day 5 to 6 days a week. During rehearsals much more, whether I like it or not, sigh.

I like to do either one body part per day along with 5 to 6 cardio workouts ranging from 30 to 45 minutes. I also like to do splits (i.e.: back and bi's, chest and tri's etc.) with the same cardio as listed above.

Currently I teach one boot camp, one advanced step, one high step, and one senior class weekly. Based on how much I participated, I'll factor any of these first three as a cardio/endurance workout.

Workout during pregnancy

(Okay this one probably won’t fit on a calendar so here’s a link)

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=70144&mesg_id=70144&listing_type=search

Your answers sound like a healthy approach to nutrition and exercise that anyone could easily incorporate into their daily lives. Your wrist band answer shows your “everyday person” side. I really like the way you keep things simple and sensible.

I hope you’re doing well :),

jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.