FABULOUS!!!!!

amyjohauge

Cathlete
Hey Cathy and Crew,
Just wanted to say you have done it again. The tapes are beyond what I expected. :7 I did S&H Triceps, Biceps and Abs this morning. I am so used to lifting faster, boy it will take some getting used to going so slow, especially the bicep curls with the barbell.:-wow :-wow I really wanted to speed those up. Anyway awesome job, you all look great and Brenda's biceps are pretty fabulous. Amy Jo :D

Hi Amy Jo! Thank you and I'm happy to hear of your excitement.

Yes, getting used to the slower rep speed is the hardest part of the training. But this slow method provides many benefits. Not only does it develop general muscular strength, enhance kinesthetic awareness, and help the body break through strength training plateaus, but it goes beyond that.

You will find that due to the lack of momentum that this training promotes, you will improve the strength of muscles that sometimes give out early and therefore limit your overall strength gains. For instance, this slow speed will strengthen the forearms and improve your ability to go heavier with bicep exercises as well as other exercises. (Side Note: I even know of some exercisers with carpal tunnel syndrom who have said that their wrist pain has eased off since engaging in this slow training method with a moderate weight. But of course check with your doctor first).

Also, the bent over position in many of the exercises will engage and isolate your lower back muscles improving their overall endurance. This in turn will improve your posture and the core region which in turn could help to eliminate many nagging back aches due to poor posture.

The scaplular retraction that is assumed in many of the exercises will also target the postural muscles helping to promote better posture as well as improved back strength. Don't be surprised if you find some of the exercises harder to do with your current weight while engaged in this retraction since your range of motion is more restricted and the movement less dynamic.

Enjoy your workouts :)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.