Emikel: Ab machines.

eddie92

Hi Ms. Friedrich.

I was thinking about buying an ab machine. Can you tell me which ab machines are more effective the Ab Lounge 2, The Bean or the Ab Rocket? Can you also tell me if the classic crunches from the ground is more or less effective than these ab machines? I've heard mix reviews about these ab machines and I'm confused. I've seen your FitTV shows. I respect and admire you. Therefore, I'll wait for your advise on which ab machine to buy. Bye.

Emikel.

Get a stability ball: it's more versatile and at least as effective as any of these ab machines (and costs less).

I second that. Personally I feel any piece of exercise equipment with the word "lounge" in it couldn't possibly be very effective. ;-)

Get a stability ball, a med ball, Cathe's Core Max & Ab Hits, plus do a search on Collage for other ab/core DVDs. Much cheaper, way more options, & IMHO much more effective. :)

Not Cathe, but I tried an Ab lounge and it really over extended my back. I am sure that there are "good" exercises on it, but nothing that you cannot attain from regular solid ab work. It is funny watching the infomercials for these products. Everyone seems to be smiling and laughing through the whole ab workout- hardly what I am doing when I have a good solid ab workout.

I agree with Kathryn about getting a stability ball. They are versatile and inexpensive. You may even think about a medicine ball and a Bosu to compliment your training in the future, but certainly not required.

Hi Emikel! I don't want to put down all ab equipment on the market, but honestly, I feel you can get a better ab workout on your own or with the assistance of a stability ball. If you want a piece of equipment I say buy a stabilty ball (if you don't already have one) and the combo of your own training together with ball training will give you unlimited variety, intensity, and whip your abs into awesome shape.

Take care and so nice to hear from you :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.