effective leg training

R

rachel2

Hi Cathe. I have been enjoying your new tapes and rotating them with PS and MIS. My husband is considering a gym membership and I have been going with him the past week, hitting the machines. I noted today after completing my leg workout,(heavy day), that although I felt fatigue after a set I didn't get the burn I get from your videos. Now don't get me wrong I was tired, but no burn. I am uncertain how to measure the effectiveness of a "gym" workout. I used the leg press (90lbs.), squat rack (50+bar), leg curls(50 or 60),abductor/adductor machines (60lbs.) and added some of the exercises you teach on your videos- dead lifts, step ups, split squats, plies. I just don't see joining a gym if I get a better workout at home. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a million!
Rachel

Hi Rachel! It is very hard to work your legs with very heavy weight at home without a spotter or the assistance of certain machines. Because of that, I make up for it in video workouts by having a bit lighter of a weight workout but with much longer reps. The burning sensation is due to the lactic acid build up in the muscle. While I think that both my leg video workouts and gym workouts are excellent stimulation for the legs, the combination of both is just icing on the cake;-)!.

Thanks Cathe! I am researching the concept of positive failure. I will be making a gym decision soon. I only live 5 minutes away but I looove the results your tapes are giving me. No doubt I will be combining them into whatever routine I decide upon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.