eating for a fit body like cathe

nspire

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

First of all I'm new to the forum. I have been watching you on fit tv and love all your workouts. You and your crew give me something to aim for physique wise.

Question for you, what is an ideal daily meal plan you would recommend? I'm 5'7, 150lbs but look/feel my best at 135-140. Do you limit your carb intake and focus more on protein or do you watch your calorie intake while eating clean. What would you recommend for a recovery meal after a hard core workout?

I've become frustrated because I can't seem to lose the weight, but watching you has given me a goal to reach.

thank so much for what you do for us all.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

good question. hi cathe, i will look for an answer too. i am also new and your workouts absolutely kill me and i have been working out for almost 20 yrs. i am 52 yrs old and am fighting the menopausal bulge. it is so frustrating. working so hard and not seeing results anymore. i am only 5', so that makes it tuff too. so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. i know i need to eat cleaner, and i try really hard, but don't always do real well. so , i am excited to see how you answer these posts. how you have time to even answer these posts is amazing. you must have a very busy life.
thanks so much, cathy

I know for sure from past postings that Cathe eats super clean most of the time. I believe that you can do a search of the forums (maybe using "clean eating" as your search words, or something along that line) and I believe that a while back Cathe discussed in general her diet. I think she just kind of gave an example of a typical day (it's been a while, so I may be wrong).

Hope this helps! Julie

I have the same question, but cathe won't really give you a diet/meal plan she will just say eat clean and drink lots of water. I have been searching for a answer as well. I'm also 5'7 and it is hard for me to get pass 145 and keep it out. I think that eating lots of veg's and protein, with water is the key. And not letting myself go plus working out. I have the type of body that losses weigth fast but gains it back slowly so I always have to watch what I eat.

sorry for bad spelling in a rush.

Good luck!!!! :)

Like was said before, Cathe does not give diet/nutrition advice. She only recommends that you eat as clean as possible and drink lots of water. She's normal though--she's admitted to indulging once in a while.

You're probably better off asking for nutrition advice in the Open Discussion forum. I'd give that a try...

Allison

Here's the best that I can find for you. It's a little old, from teh Intensity series after she had her last baby. But I'm sure she hasn't changed much.

"As for my diet, I can tell you right after having the baby, I put no restrictions on myself since I was still breastfeeding. It was very important for my body to have adequate fat stores for the production of breast milk. After switching to baby formula a couple of months later, I still ate a varied diet and tried to slowly cut back on my noshing. When we were about 8 weeks away from filming I got much more focused and really cut out my snacking (except for occasional treats here and there). I also broiled and baked just about every meal. My protein sources, which I increased slightly, came mostly from chicken, fish, and peanut butter, although I had red meat once or twice a week. This is for no specific reason other than I enjoy these sources of protein. I cut back on starches about 85%. I ate a lot more dark leafy green vegetables, had a variety of fruits ( I favored the citrus family), and increased my water intake. During rehearsals I was unable to sit down to a meal so I would have a protein shake to hold me over until I could relax and eat. My overall meals were small and more frequent so that they were easy to digest. I never really counted calories but ate just enough nutritious food to be satisfied and ready to eat again in about 2 hours. That about sums it up for me. Good luck everyone, and I hope you enjoy the Intensity Series!"

This is what Cathe said to "Kali" back in March of this year when asked about her workout routine and diet:

"It always varies for me but overall I average an hour a day 5 to 6 days a week. During rehearsals much more, whether I like it or not, sigh.

I like to do either one body part per day along with 5 to 6 cardio workouts ranging from 30 to 45 minutes. I also like to do splits (ie: back and bi's, chest and tri's etc.) with the same cardio as listed above.

Currently I teach one boot camp, one advanced step, one high step, and one senior class weekly. Based on how much I participated, I'll factor any of these first three as a cardio/endurance workout.

I don't go nuts on dieting. I like to eat clean most of the time but that doesn't mean I don't cheat. Sometimes I cheat as much as once a day. I know my body very well, and have a good idea of when I can get away with cheating and when I am going to have to pay for it

Good luck with your training. "

I try my best to eat as much fruit and veggies as possible (lots of greens!) and I drink A TON of water every single day.

I also take a multivitamin and fish oil suppliments before bed!

:)

Good luck!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

When I try to eat clean, I figure I can have as many vegetables as I want. I call them FREE food - eat as much as you want. I know it doesnt always fill you up like carbs, but they are surely guilt-free! I eat 'em raw, grilled, sauteed, nuked and baked.

Just like mom said..eat your veggies!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!;-)

The book The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno (Robert Kennedy Publishing) is really a great help to learning "clean foods" and how to prepare them. It is fairly inexpensive (17.00) and available at Border's.

Included in this book is a two week sample diet that is pretty yummy!
It has helped me to shed the last of the baby weight.

For the two years that I have followed Cathe I too have looked for any tips she would have listed. The girls have given you most of what I have read as well.

Good luck! Hope that the suggestions are helpful!

I'm still trying to iron out the diet/exercise kinks, but have found a new "pattern" that has helped (ie: not famished all the time from working out so much): work out every other day and do what feels right--if I feel cardio will make me the most relaxed when I'm done, then I do that. Most of the time I do both cardio and weights. There is such a thing as working out too hard and too much--it puts a lot of stress on your body and recover time is absolutely necessary.
Every other day seems to keep my metabolism better balanced so I can eat less and still feel fueled. The longer you eat clean the easier it is to say no to sweets.
Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.