Easiest choreography, highest intensity

susie2susie

Cathlete
Hello Cathe,

I'm caving in and will buy cardio DVDs :) (I normally do cardio at the gym only) I'm looking for the easiest choreography, highest intensity and lowest impact. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Susie

Not Cathe, but if low impact is a priority for you, I'd vote for Low Max, it's intense and if you're a step type person the choreography is not complex. If once in awhile you can do high impact, IMAX is a great athletic (rather than dancy) type step workout, with easier choreography. The impact is pretty high though. Whatever you choose, have fun!

I would say you would like the following

-LowMax
-Low Impact Circuit (it has some weight training, but you can omit that if you want using premixes)

Also, if you are a beginner you can check out her beginner/intermediate dvds. You can also modify many of her other workouts to make them lower impact. Kick, Punch, and Crunch, as well as Kick Max are easy to modify to make it lower impact (just don't jump or jog to high). I am sure that you will find suitable alternatives to higher impact moves (i.e. instead of jump kicks just kick). HTH:)

Like another poster said, if you can incorporate some high impact, I highly recommend IMAX2...
:D

Thanks for all the replies. My main concern is choreography. If the moves are a little complicated and I'm totally lost. That's why I can only do treadmill, elliptical or things like that. I workout pretty hard so I would like a lot of intensity.
Thank you!

Imax (the ORIGINAL Interval Max) is super intense with pretty easy choreography.

Does it have to be step? Would you consider Kickboxing? I absolutely LOVE Kick, Punch and Crunch and think it is a killer workout (and the moves are very easy to learn)! Also- Cardio Kicks is great and the choreography is not at all tough. But KP&C gets my vote between the two.

Maximum Intensity Cardio is seriously intense & the choreography is pretty basic. It is high impact, but you could modify & take out the jumps & still get an awesome workout.

Drill Max cardio pre-mix.

Low Impact Cardio (LIC) cardio premix on an 8 in step! You'll feel that one.

Low Max on 8 in step.

Cardio Fusion - You'd have to skip the routine from body max2 though if you don't want complicated choregraphy. But I think you'd be fine with the rest of the workout...if you're still conscious when it's over. :p

Like someone else said, if you get basic step and body fusion, it will go a long way in helping you learn cathe's moves. You can do it. To add intensity, go to an 8 in step height. Better yet, use it on a light cardio day to learn the moves. It's so much fun doing Cathe's choregraphy once you get the steps down.

:eek: Oh, I didn't see the lowest impact part..

Nix the Drill Max and Cardio Fusion unless you're willing to modify some of the moves. When you're ready to kick things up a notch, then go for it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.