DVD Suggestion

catwoman

Cathlete
I know you are planning your projects for the rest of 07 and early 08 already, but thought I'd recommend something to think about for down the road.

Before I state my suggestion, here's what has lead me to this idea:

I suffered some leg and back problems several months ago, then just as I was getting back into my workouts I came down with severe bronchitis. After I started recovering from bronchitis, I noticed that I just didn't have the energy, anymore. In hindsight, I'd been feeling more and more tired for a few months. Well, it turns out that my thyroid is enlarged on one side. This could be caused by several things and my testing starts this coming week. Anyhoo, it's been a few months since I've been able to exercise, and it could be a couple more depending on what these tests turn up. By the time I am back in workout condition, I will have been off the workout circuit for nearly half a year. I can't just easily pop in Imax2 or Body Max 2 or the Gym Styles as if no down time has passed.

I'd love to have a DVD that contains 4-6 low to moderate intensity 15-20 minute workouts, along with 2-3 15-20 minute weight workouts (1 for upper body, one for lower body, and one for abs and active stretching). I know you've got a couple of "beginner-style" workouts already, but they are over 30 minutes in length, but I've read that when you're starting out, you shouldn't exercise for more than 15-20 minutes because the muscles need to be conditioned (or, in my case, re-conditioned) for longer exercise. This will prevent muscle and joint stress. After a few weeks, a new exerciser can begin going for longer periods and eventually work up to 45-60 minutes. What you could do is have 4 separate 15-minute workouts that can be done by themselves or interwoven for one longer workout, then tack on a 5-minute cooldown.

I know you specialize in advanced workouts, but having this "Getting Started" type of DVD would allow me to still get a great workout while still enjoying my favorite instructor!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.