Disc #17 Meso #2 Legs Video Clip

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
To View YouTube clip go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFXiaS8RlQ4

Hi Everyone! What you're about to watch is a Leg Workout from Mesocycle #2 Week Two. This particular program focuses on Trisets, a high intensity technique which recruits maximum muscle fibers. Are you ready...here we go!!!! After you warm up and stretch you are going to do three leg exercises back to back, then rest one minute, repeat all three of these exact leg exercises back to back again, then rest one minute, and finally repeat all three of these exact leg exercises for a final third time and then rest a minute. OMG...your LEGS ARE BURNING AND YOUR HEART RATE IS UP THERE.....Gotta love those one minute rests!!!!! But wait, you are not finished yet....you have only just begun (insert whip cracking noise). We still have two more triset groupings utilizing this exact format before we complete the workout (stop your whining...tee hee). In this clip, we will show you one set of each of the triset groupings (but remember there are actually three sets to these groupings), and we will only show a small portion of the one minute rest (since we can't go beyond 10 minutes for our You Tube clip). We figure you would rather watch us in action than watch us rest anyway, wink. Trust me, this workout calls for the happy dance when you are done!!!!!

Now I realize that 3 of this, 3 of that, 3 times, with 3 groups, can get hard to follow so I'm going to spell it out right here to make is so much easier to follow. Enjoy!!!!

Warm Up
Stretch

Triset Grouping One:

Narrow Stance Squats...10 reps
45 Degree Lunge (same leg) ...10 reps
One leg Sit N' Slide w/paper plate...10 reps

Rest one minute

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Triset Grouping Two:

Static Lunge...10 Reps
Plie Squats Alternating Hand...10 Reps
One Leg Slide Back Lunges W/Paper Plates....10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Static Lunge...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Static Lunge...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Triset Grouping Three:

Squats Wide Stance...10 Reps
One Leg Elevated Lunges...10 Reps
Deadlifts Wide Stance...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Closing stretch (and collapse ...LOL)

And I'm supposed to WALK after this???? Better work on my UB strength so I can just lie on the floor and pull myself around:):):) Perhaps DH will buikd me a dumbwaiter so I can get back upstairs when I'm done.
Yowza!!! Bring it on!

Nan

un-beeeee-lievable

Wow, wow and WOW! Um, wow. This workout looks like a dream come true. Cathe, you look mind-bogglingly, jaw-droppingly, amazingly buff. So lean and strong...and yet cute as a little button. Loved everything about this clip. Can't wait to get these workouts in my hands.

Thanks to you and your team...I know you are all working really hard.

Cathe, I love the new clips and can't wait for the workouts!! I had a question about squats... I liked seeing you use dumbells instead of a barbell. Most of the time I use dumbells for squats and lunges becuase I find it easier and I can go heavier. I was never sure of the correct form though. Do you think it makes a difference if I use dumbbells vs a barbell for lower body work? Is there any benefit to a barbell that I'd be missing out on?

Thanks,
Nicole

Tri-sets

Love the tri-set approach, looks very intense, I also love the new version of
the plie squats!!!!!!

Thanks for the clip Cathe, I really really am looking forward to STS!!!!

Bri

Catherine,I noticed the same thing, the guys weights looked alot lighter than what the girls were using during the squats and lunges...I wonder what weight Cathe was using... are you sure it's only a one minute rest Cathe:)

This series really looks awesome. I have a bit of dread when thinking of lower body work but these clips are very motivating. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.