digiting versus fluid motion

cheerful

Hi Cathe

I notice that when I do a bicep curl, for example, and it is a 2 count up and 2 count down move that I tend to digit versus have a fluid motion. Does it matter? I see in your DVD's that you have a fluid motion but I find it easier to digit. By digiting I mean having a slight pause whenever the move is more than just a single count.

I am on my first go through of your STS program and my friend and I are doing each disc twice. We are going to repeat disc 19,20,21 again this week and I really love it. Great program and I am seeing results!

Sincerely, Cheerful

I don't have STS (other than Total Body), but in some older workouts Cathe would have a slight pause, as your describing it, in the movement. And sometimes, even when Cathe didn't request the pause, Cedie puts one in. I think it makes it slightly harder to consciously pause the movement and start again.

Yes, it's true, I did digit in my older workouts and then got out of the habit after I started teaching Body Pump ( since they don't digit). There is nothing wrong with either version. They both work well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.