daughter fitness

mgu11

Cathe, my daughter and I have been doing a few of your workouts this summer and are enjoying the effort. She is a college soccer player and has 3 weeks till camp. She is trying to catch your shows on FitTV, but I think a DVD program would be best for scheduling. Her goals are strength, getting leaner, explosiveness...she's 145, 5'6", 11% body fat (with "babyfat" around back and sides)...and she is probably capable of doing advanced levels (I'm not,yet). She gets plenty of cardio from running.

Is there one program or DVD that you recommend?

Her DAD

mgu11-
I don't have a suggestion, really, about which video (I don't have a lot of them), but I suggest you post your question in the DVD forum in addition to the Ask Cathe. Cathe gets pretty busy and can't answer every post, but there are a lot of knowledgeable exercisers in the DVD forum who can help you two out.
It's great you guys work out together- I work out sometimes with my dad, too. I can't believe at 60 he can still BEAT me in a 5K. Drives me crazy! :)
Best of luck!

Good idea...I'll try it.

Yes, I love working out with daughter...excuse for me to get back in shape.

Best to you

mgu11

I dont workout WITH my daughter, not enough room or equipment, but she uses a lot of Cathe's strength tapes, plus HSC and Boot Camp. She loves them, and it gives us a chance to talk about fitness.

She will be doing a triathlon soon too. Yay.

I would suggest to your daughter to try any of the weight training DVDs. Muscle max, Pyramids, Gym Styles, Muscle Endurance are my favorites. Also, even though she gets cardio, I would recommend Imax3 for explosiveness. I'm an ex-gymnast who still loves to play around with my sport. I have found that the cardio/plyometric intervals are very helpful for explosive bursts of strength. I also personally love circuit training such as Bootcamp and High Step Challenge.
Best wishes to you both!
Amy

I'd suggest one of Cathe's weight training series if she wasnts over all, strength, which for a soccer player is usually a good idea. Cathe's Hard Core Gym Style, I think would be the best way to go. But any of Cathe's weight workouts would more then likly fit the bill. But I'd seriously make sure she's got a good strong upper & lower body weight workout. And I also agree with Amy, get her some interval training in the aerobics, it will really help on the field, and will allow her to push more in a long hard game. As well as to be able to tap into the fat storage better so she'll have more energy and going power. I train a lot of the college althletes, and anyone who runs at all, I have them do interval training so they have a higher fat burning ability with the higher intensites, which basically just allows them to go longer during hard games without being so exhausted afterwards. If your interested in that then any of Cathe's Imax's would be a good way to go as well.

Kit

thanks for input from readers. We just ordered the Intensity Vol 2 with ME and BC...I'll let you know how we do.

Thanks.

mgu11

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.