Cuts and lines and shape

fitatfifty

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
Because of my body type...a ruler. Same demensions of shoulder/waist/hip. I have no curves and a longer torso with a shorter waist. Could you give me any advice so my time is spent lifting to my potential. I currently do advance workouts and yes, I'm toned but there is no curves or lines to see the shape of my muscles. This is where I get confused. So your help is so appreciated.

not cathe but wanted to chime in. Unfortunately we can't change what genetics have given us and just have to work with what we have. So its fair to say you may never develop an hourglass figure no matter what you do. That being said to make the illusion of some curves i would focus on shoulders and squats to build up muscle. building muscle is the only way to get some shape to your build. Good luck!

You know I really don't mind being my body type..it's just that there is no defined muscle showing after 2 years working out though I am very toned. I have started to develope soreness in my knees and so only do squats 2x a week. I love the whole look of the tear drop lines as well as the sharp curves in the arms. However I wonder if Cathe has some advice on where to go from here to help mthe muscles pop.So Cathe...I am hoping tp hear your input.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.