CTX revisited

H

honeybunch

I have sort of put this series on the shelf for months, except for Leaner Legs, and have concentrated on longer tapes and walking. This week I decided to do a complete 3 week rotation of nothing but CTX, no walking, nothin' else.....and I think I will have a hard time switching to something else! What a masterpiece this set is! It's fun to get up and look forward to being done with cardio and weight work in such a short period of time. I had not done S&I and PC for months and months, but was able to jump right into them with Cathe's great cueing.

Great job, Cathe! Anyone who has been thinking about ordering this set, DO IT!!!!

I'm so mad because I traded away my set after I had the baby thinking that I would never be able to do all that high impact again. What was I thinking?? :-( I have managed to get all of them back except Leaner Legs, so I'm hoping someone on the Firm Swap will have pity on me and decide they don't want theirs because I really want to do a CTX rotation after S&H. Can you believe I did that?

Emily

I'm also doing a rotation of CTX. This is how I'm doing them. Chest, Back,Sholders, Biceps, Triceps,and LL. So far it has helped me lose 2.5 lbs of the 8 I gained this summer while eating crap and not working out hard.
WOW! I'd forgot how great those videos really are.

I absolutely love this series. I had a rotation where I used them 3 days a week and did two body parts at a time, and always abs. The other 3 days I did either BodyMax or Circuit Max, one of her tough cardios--e.g., PowerMax, IMax, MIC, and something by someone else for one day. Now I am doing the SH series 3 days and adding a CTX cardio to each (which means I have 90 min. workouts!)and Rhythmic Step, PH, and another big cardio. I just love the flexibility of CTX and am so happy I have them. After I bought them, I had just started using them when I fractured my ankle, and I would just despair of ever using them. I'm so glad I didn't give them up.

Looks like you're having success with CTX. I LOVE the weight work in this series--very effective. I do have a suggestion for you: you might try putting LL inbetween the back and shoulder routines, since doing chest/back/shoulders three days in a row (if that's what you're doing) works your shoulders three days in a row (they are worked in both chest and back work). Just a suggestion to avoid overuse injuries.

Well, I do take a day off between the back and shoulder days. I figure that helps reduce overuse of my shoulders. That and after Power Circuit/back has leg work, I don't want to do LL that soon after. I also though about doing chest ,back, biceps, shoulders, LL then triceps. But I'm playing around with it.
I just love the whole concept. A little of everything, in a short amount of time.

The day in between should solve the shoulder overuse problem. I just wasn't sure from your first post when or if you had any rest days in there ;-)

I have been very tempted to buy CTX for a long time, but I'm afraid to work each body part only once per week, I've always done two times per week. Those of you who do the series, do you really get results? You don't lose strength? I have all the rest of Cathe's tapes except CTX and S&H and I have not found one yet that was not effective so I don't know why I'm worried about this!

Believe me, once a week with the body parts using CTX is enough! And with the Power Circuit tape you get an extra leg workout! Please don't hesitate to buy it! It's wonderful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.