Creatine?????!!

Do you need creatine if you are doing Cathe's workouts? I am currently drinking one protein shake daily after my workout. I wanted to know if creatine would benefit me or if it was just for men body builders they lift extremely heavy.

Have you ever tried glutamine? plumps up the muscles and appears to lift the chest a bit which is great if you are a mom who has nursed children.....

I took glutamine for awhile but noticed no difference... I think it was because I wasn't taking it consistently... Do you take it before or after your workouts?

As for Creatine... I've heard some people say it can have some pretty crazy side effects, so I've stayed away from it.

Hi Stephanie,

I used glutamine regularly and i noticed a difference right away pretty much. no harmful affects either. i saw the affects of creatine on a friend of mine when she was bodybuilding and it was amazing. but ive never tried it. glutamine ends up costing me around $30/mth which i find a bit steep for something that doesn't really matter - except in the summer when you can show off your arms. ha ha. otherwise, i don't know too much about either.

Do you need creatine if you are doing Cathe's workouts? I am currently drinking one protein shake daily after my workout. I wanted to know if creatine would benefit me or if it was just for men body builders they lift extremely heavy.

I don't think you *need* it, although it depends on what your goals are. Creatine is an amino acid and most of it is located in your skeletal muscle and this is the one supplement you'd use for short bursts of energy training. Its directly involved with ATP synthesis (short for energy combustion). Women can take creatine, sure, but drink enough water and its better to go with a German made brand, which has higher purity. To do it right, some say you need to do a loading phase, which is a higher amount for a few weeks, then taper off. Take it before your workout (about 30 minutes). In my experience with creatine, it gives me a gut, which is a bloated feeling. I respond better to glutamine and BCAA's. Now if I'm cycling in a 24-hour race, I will mix it in with my Heed in my camelbac. Everybody is different though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.