CK Sales

I read on another forum that SNM wants to retain exclusive rights to the pre-sale which I guess means that cksales will not have a pre-sale.

I think it is really sad that SNM has decided to cut ties with an excellent company or two who are providing a service to Cathe's clients that may or may not live in the US.

The fact that SNM ships UPS is pretty much a deal breaker for me as UPS can have horrendous brokerage fees and I have had to pay them when I placed an order with Cathe/SNM. I was very much relieved when I found cksales for Cathe workouts.

I guess I'll just have to patient and buy them from cksales when they are available. At least then any glitches may have been worked out.

Michele

Unfortunately, a lot of information and rumors posted on forums is simply not true. Even on our own forum you need to be careful in assuming the post you’re reading is accurate. In the USA we have never allowed any company to presale our DVDs. It just would not make business sense to do so. The only company we have ever allowed to presale our DVDs is CK Sales located in Canada. We have not cut our ties with CK Sales nor have we had any contact with them on this matter. They simply did not contact us this year requesting to be a part of the presale.

I thought that I bought the last 4 dvds filmed on presale from Advanced Workouts in the USA. It was after they were filmed but before you had finished editing etc. Is that different?

Does this mean that for us outside the US, the only way to purchase the DVDs (at pre-sale prices) is to buy through cathe.com and stand the extortionate UPS handling fee & import charges? ;( ;(

It sucks but it's true, CK Sales won't be offering a presale on the 4 Day Split. I've ordered all of my Cathe workouts through CK Sales and wish I could continue to do so but, be that as it may. I guess I'll just have to plug my nose and order through Cathe.com and cross my fingers that I don't get gouged by arbitrary duty charges:(....

Take Care
Laurie

I know....I am ROTTED! I contacted Cksales and they basically said b/c of the problems that occured last time, they will not be offering preorders this time. I was kind of confused b/c I can't imagine they were getting much grief from customers b/c they don't charge your credit card until the dvds are shipped, so the buyer really isn't losing anything and has no right to complain.(if this were the case)

Im still hoping they are gonna sell the workouts after they are released and maybe we will get some kind of deal when you order all 4 of them.

Lori:)

Edited to say, I think if anyone is gonna lose on this topic it will be cksales,they made the call, and I am tempted to preorder from SNM instead of cksales.

RE: Video Downloads

We realize that import duties and brokerage fees are really harsh on our international customers and usually far exceed the cost of our DVDs. Something to look forward to later this year is our new digital downloads. No shipping and no import taxes.:)

SNM, as you have acknowledged the brokerage fees etc, that foreign buyers face, would you consider using USPS to mail the DVD's to Canada? The cost to the buyer for those is considerably less than if we receive them via UPS.

Michele

When I ordered the last batch of DVD's, they were delivered through regular mail and not UPS. I remember having to go to the post office and picked them up and I was able to avoid any extra charges. :)

>We realize that import duties and brokerage fees are really
>harsh on our international customers and usually far exceed
>the cost of our DVDs. Something to look forward to later this
>year is our new digital downloads. No shipping and no import
>taxes.:)

Are the digital downloads going to be both audio and video, and are they going to be downloads of these new DVD workouts or different workouts?

The downloads will include our entire library and will have both audio and video just like a DVD.

SNM, So for my techno-impaired mind ... does this mean the downlaods will be exactly as a produced DVD with chapters and premixes and mix/match features, etc? Non-distinguishable from a purchased dvd except for the label? TIA, Deb

They will not be exactly the same, but we really can't say more than what we already have until Aug 10th. On that day we will release all of the details.

>Yes, we actually always mail our DVD's to Canada by the
>postal service. :)

So, to be clear, if I pre-order from Cathe and I live in Canada, the DVDs will be shipped via Canada Post and not UPS so I can save money on the shipping?

Are brokerage fees separate?

Donna

We will ship by the US Podtal service, but your order will be delivered by the Canadian Postal service. You should have to pay an import tax, but not brokerage fees. But with the postal service you just never know. Sometimes you get lucky and don't have to pay anything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.