Choreography ? Video guests! Instructor ?'s

cathefan

Hi Cathe!
I have been a fan of yours for 11 years and find your workouts fun and challenging. I would like to know if you create all the choreograophy for your videos and also are the people in your videos instructors at your club and members? I think it would be a neat idea to let some of your faithful fans be in a video. What do you think of this? Also I am 36 years old and would love to be an instructor but feel I do not have enough time to dedicate to this goal. I do work full time and would love to be able to lead a class. I feel I have a good background just from watching your videos as you are a superb teacher. Also I noticed on your website a Cathe tote bag. Is there any way I could purchase one? Any chance of you making a Cathe T-shirt. I think this would be a fun idea.

Hi!

I would love it Cathe if you would make a video for instructors! I am also an instructor and have enjoyed your videos for 6 years now! I think you would get a huge response from us instructors out here!

Just wondering...how do step instructors learn how to teach and break moves down? I was looking at certifications with ACE and it looks like some are home study programs with a few hours of actual stuff...does that mean they learn everything after a few hours and reading the books? I find it so amazing that...instructors can come up with so much when all you give them is a rubber box...it's like handing a ball to a man, the possibilities are endless.

Just wondering...how do step instructors learn how to teach and break moves down? I was looking at certifications with ACE and it looks like some are home study programs with a few hours of actual stuff...does that mean they learn everything after a few hours and reading the books? I find it so amazing that...instructors can come up with so much when all you give them is a rubber box...it's like handing a ball to a man, the possibilities are endless.

I too have been looking into getting my ACE certification and I called and asked them just what you are asking. I said -- just because I pass the test and get my "certification" I still am nowhere NEAR being able to hit and lead a class... She advised me that there were workshops (at around $200 a pop!) that one can take to help with moves, cuing and choreography. Hope this helps.

K--

Hi Cathefan! Nice to hear from you. Hope you are having a fun Monday!

Yes, I choreograph all of my videos and the cast that we have in them is a combination of instructors and members who take my classes regularily. While I sure think it would be fun to have a whole group of you join in the videos, it is something that is very difficult to do. Some of the reasons are 1) We rehearse for a few weeks at a time which makes it impossible for most people who do not live here to attend the rehearsals 2) We rehearse all different times of day 3) I make changes as I go along with things that don't quite fit into place and those who do not take my classes regularily could be thrown by these rapid changes 4) The day we film we are on a strict time schedule and therefore it helps to use a familiar cast so that we can move through the day more quickly.

I thank you for asking and am honored that you feel the way you do, but at the current time we could not consider this because it would not work within the parameters that we have established to get our projects completed successfully and without delays. Should this ever change we will surely let all of you know :)!

We also currently do not have any t-shirts for sale. I'm sure we will consider this eventually. As far as the tote, I'm not sure where you saw this, but we do not carry them.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.