Certification in Fitness/Health

morgs

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Just a question if and when you would happen to find a moment. After working out with your videos and FINALLY finding what I need to be in the best shape ever, I have been told by many people now that I should take what I know so far about fitness a little further. I already have a great career in broadcasting, but would love to find out more in becomming a certified personal trainer as like a part time thing. I've seen many-many types of classes that can be taken online, and from what I hear, you can even take your tests online. I've searched a few web sites that offer these classes, but my confusion lies as to what to start with. I would like to teach people how to do cardio kickboxing correctly as well as what it takes to reach thier goal with weight training and diet as well. With any hope some day, know as much as you do when it comes to all this ( Boy, do I have a LOT to learn.)
Any advice ( and this can come from anyone who's willing to share , I know there are quite a few CPT's who visit here.) on what I should start with as far as classes go ??

Always appreciate any input given.

Thanks all !!

Morgs

Certification

Hi Wendy, I know what you mean, that's why I figured it would be a great question for this part of the site. There are just SO many classes and you almost have to narrow it down somehow. It's a little far fetched right now ( gotta save up the funds to take the classes first ) but have always thought it would be a GREAT part time deal. If you discover anything in the meantime, please do share & good luck as well !!

Morgs

Hello Morgs,
Just found out that UNLV offers CPT courses and Strength training certification programs. There is a free "Orientation to Fitness Training" class that
"is designed to provide information for anyone interested in the fitness profession or in becoming a fitness trainer. This lecture includes an overview of the industry and professional trends while allowing ample time for a Q & A session. Topics include personal training, group exercise, senior fitness, children's fitness and aqua fitness."

The beauty of this is that it's free! I'm going to start here. You might look into your local University or Community College to see if they offer something similar. Let me know what you find. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.