Cathe's waist and abs

Jul

Cathlete
Hi again Cathe! I previewed your new tapes and immediately thought that you looked more "hourglass" with a more sculpted waist. Possibly because my body tends to be more straight up and down with not much of a definite waist curve. In another post you mentioned that you were possibly an "apple" and waist was a trouble spot. You sure don't appear that way in your new tapes! What has really worked for you? How is it that your body gets better with age?:-rollen Mine just falls apart! :p

Yeah, I noticed that too...how does she do that? I am an "apple" as well (though not nearly as nice an example as Cathe)!

Cathe is so lean it's hard to believe she's an apple. She might tell you that based on the older ladies in her family? So, as I am waiting for DVD's, tell me how you like the new tapes!

Bobbi

how do you know if you are an apple or a pear? I know i had this information somewhere but don't recall where it is now.
I seem to remember being a combo of both, is that possible?

thanks

Apples tend to be bigger up on top and carry weight in their torso, often with much thinner legs. Pears carry their weight in the hips, butt, and thighs with a leaner upper body.

I feel like I'm a combo also. I'm just straight up and down! My upper/lower body is in proportion, but it sure would be nice to wear jeans that don't cut off my circulation at the waist! When I go a size bigger, they are baggy in the butt/legs.

My body would be great (well, maybe just pretty good!:-jumpy, well, let's just say it would be BETTER!) if I had some kind of curve! I'm 36 - 29 - 36.

Visit Cyberdiet and use their waist to hip ration calculater(http://cyberdiet.com/whr/whr.html). It's a measurement to determine where you put on fat. Apples are at greater risk for heart disease, but if you stay within healty ranges for weight, you're fine.

Apples, pear, and other fruit

Jul,
I think we're in the same category. I'm more or less straight up and down (though I do tend to carry more fat in the lower body --the "girdle area"--I look pretty much like a ruler). What fruit would we be---cucumbers? (o.k., I know it's a veggie and not a fruit).

RE: Apples, pear, and other fruit

Hi Kathryn,

Actually cucumbers are technically fruit. I fit in that category. I have what they call a boyish figure. I think cucumber or banana would be appropriate!

Caroline

RE: Apples, pear, and other fruit

I was thinking bananas, but then we'd have to have rounded shoulders, since bananas are pretty curvy!

I looks to me like she's been working big-time on her shoulders and that would explain the possible optical illusion of a smaller waist. She's DOES look great, that's for sure!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.