cathe's help for a personel rotation please.

D

Denice

Hi cathe I know you are a busy woman, and I respect the fact you take the time out to answer as many questions as you can on a personel level which you dont find at other forums, so if you can help with a rotation with the tapes I will now mention. I have seen other rotations at the forum but have not seen anything really for my tape choices, well here goes........ I am a bit spazed when it comes to the stepp so for now i opt to not use it at all untill i choose one of yours that is not so advanced with the choreography, but for now this is what i would like to use....... s&h series,ps series, cardio kicks, mis, and a bunch of firm cardio tapes, and I also have a proform treadmill. I am 36 yrs old time is not a problem, I would say I am advanced. I dont want to bulk up and i would love to lose about 15 Lbs and try to gain that leab sculpted look. please help and guide me as to the proper rotation for i am soooooo confused. Thanks alot Denice....... (what do you think of some sort of stretch or yoga to incorporate or is it not needed right now??????????? thanks again Denice

Hi Denice,
Take a look at the "How to Get in Shape for My Wedding" thread, which has a rotation that Cathe posted in answer to a similar question. I bumped it up; that may be of some help in working out your own rotation. Good luck.:)

I did see that, but with the tapes I have it really did not apply. I am not using any stepp tapes and I am also concerned about overworking the muscles and or not enough cardio, Does she answer the questions????????

Denice,
You may want to try searching the Firm Forum for rotation ideas. They have a forum dedicated to rotations. Someone there called Lablover has a Cathe/Firm rotation that mixes the two. Good luck.

Denice,
see if you can get on Kathy S's mailing list, she just sent out a ton of rotations to people. I'm pretty sure she has Cynthia828's Cathe/Firm rotation among them.

Cathe has written many, many rotations but as the forum has gotten busier, I notice she is more likely to answer specific questions regarding techniqe and other details rather than rotations requests. This is understandable IMO in that there is now a considerable resource or written rotations that we can look at and adapt to our own needs and video collections.
Keep in mind that Cathe really only has expertise in her own videos, so wouldn't really be able to include videos from other instructors in the rotation - it would be up to you to decide whether they still fit in with what you want to do.

So my suggestion would be to have a look at the ones Kathy S sends out, and find the one that is most closely matched to your goals and what tapes you have.

You can also look at Susie Snipes-Frei's mosquitonet rotation (it'll be in Kathy S's collection as well as somewhere on the Firm rotation forum. I used this to make up my own Cathe/Firm rotation last fall - for instance, sub a Cathe strength tape like MIS or Power Hour for a Firm sculpt tape, or any Cathe cardio tape for a cardio day, or Circuit Max for a Hare or Classic.

Good luck - there are lots of great rotations out there that I'm sure will work well for you!

Sophie

Hi Denise! I'm sorry that you have waited so long for this rotation advice. I see that others have so generously explained to you other helpful suggestions too. Unfortunately I cannot do as many rotation questions as I would like since they are more involved questions. Also, you mention using the firm cardio tapes as part of your rotation however, I cannot give advice on anothers workout video since I am not familiar with their workouts.

As for stretching workouts, I do think that is it good to include a form of a stretching workout once a week for about 30 minutes and also include stetching at the conclusion of all of your daily workouts. The daily stretch workouts should be at least 5 minutes but can continue on for as long as you want them to.

Here are three rotations for you to try. I would try doing them in the order presented and the amount of time stated before switching things around.

Side notes: I listed "cardio of your choice" meaning a 45 to 60 minute cardio activity of your choice (this time includes your warm up and cool down time) that keeps you in your training zone. When I say "Interval Treadmill" workout, that is a 45 minute workout that starts with a 10 minute warm up and then goes right into 8 cycles of 1 minute steady state, 1 minute sprint running, and one minute recovery walk. After the final sprint, you will walk a full 6 minutes and then stretch for 5 minutes. When I say "Steady State Treadmill" workout, I am referring to a 45 to 60 minute workout (this time includes your warm up and cool down in it)in which you stay at one steady challenging pace that keeps you in your training zone.

Also, to lose weight yet keep a lean muscular look, a CLEAN diet is very critical. Generally speaking, starchy foods, junk foods, heavy sauce/gravy foods, high sodium foods, have a tendancy to make the body hold water which can lend itself to a fuller look (but remember every body is different and can be effected by this differently). Try to eat your foods in their most natural state.

ROTATION ONE: Stay on this rotation for three weeks!

Mon: Interval Treadmill Workout

Tues: Slow Heavy Chest/Back

Wed: Cardio Kicks

Thurs: AM Workout...Slow Heavy Tri/Bi
PM Workout...Interval Treadmill Workout

Fri: OFF

Sat: Slow Heavy Legs/Shoulders

Sun: Steady State Treadmill, plus 10 minute ab workout, plus 30 minute stretch workout of your choice.

ROTATION TWO: Stay on this rotation for 8 weeks!

Mon: PS Legs/Abs

Tues: OFF

Wed: AM Workout: PS Back/bi's/abs
PM Workout: Cardio workout of your choice

Thurs: Cardio Kicks, plus 10 minute ab workout

Fri: AM Workout: PS Chest/Should/Tri
PM Workout: (OPTIONAL WORKOUT)Cardio Workout of choice

Sat: Steady State Treadmill workout

Sun: Interval Treadmill workout, plus a 30 minute stretch workout of your choice.

ROTATION THREE: Stay on this rotation for 4 weeks!

Mon: MIS

Tues: Cardio of choice plus a 30 minute stretch workout

Wed: Interval Treadmill workout

Thurs: MIS

Fri: OFF

Sat: AM Workout: POWER HOUR (this would be a perfect workout with this rotation but if you do not have plans on getting it, then just slide the pm workout in at this time or MIS for a third time this week, however that really is not necessary)

PM Workout: Steady State Treadmill workout

Sun: Cardio Kicks, plus a 10 minute ab workout

Good Luck and keep focused:)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.