Cathe's getting into shape routine

lora-kate

Hi Cathe - Having just had a baby 7 months ago I am in total awe of your amazing shape. You have inspired me to finally bite the bullet and get back into working out. I even dragged my husband in to look at you pregnancy pictures!

Cathe - I was wondering, you said in your behind the scenes post how you started to include one body part per week - Did you mean one body part per day working each body part once per week or truly only one body part per week (i.e. shoulders one day during week 1, biceps one day during week 2, etc.) Also how much time do you spend on the one body part (10 mins, 30 minutes or longer?). I notice that Rhonda seems to follow the same sort of regimim (one body part per day, once per week plus 2 total body per week). The entire crew looks amazing!

Hi Lora-Kate! Thank you for your kind words.

I work one body part per day so that all body parts are hit once by the end of the week. I usually spend around 25 minutes on a body part. Legs take longer though (about 50 minutes).

Keep up the hard work. Your pre-pregnancy shape will come back, just give it a chance. Good Luck!

Hi Cathe!

I too was wondering about this. I read you do this in addition to 2 Body Pump classes per week? So does that mean you do a body part on days immediately before and after Body Pump? Does that not interfere with recovery or do you go really light with Body Pump?

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy! Since Body Pump only works each body part for about 3 to 5 minutes, I simply talk through a particular body part (when teaching)if it is in recovery phase from my heavy lifting workout.

Which one of your strength tapes is best suited for this type of training? Is the Slow and Heavy series best for the once a day body part? Also, which one of your tapes is like your Body Pump class?

Hi Harrison! Yes I would say Slow Heavy is probably the closest to training one body part per day since you can do one body part and then do the other on that tape the next day. Power Hour and Muscle Endurance are the most like Body Pump:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.