Cathe - What's a typical 7 day workout rotation look like for you?

Weeble

Cathe, You've been a staple in my DVD player for a few months now, and I've achieved more fitness gains overall in that time than I did in years of training with other at home workouts. My question is, as a guideline, (and maybe you've answered this before, if so you or anyone can point me to that link) I'm looking for a baseline of what someone of your fitness level typically does in 1 week (7 days) time. I did read your back from pregnancy workout, and am looking for more like that. For example, presently, do you concentrate on hitting a certain # of cardio vs. strength days? I realize it changes so you can continue to grow, but you must have a foundation that you continually build on and change. What works for you? I've found so far that a cardio heavy rotation with 2-3 strength days a week is working well to keep me at a maintenance level, for a total of 5-6 workouts a week (6 is pushing it). But I'm looking for ways to really amp it up within my 5 days, and thought maybe a guidline from you could help me figure it out within my own dvd rotations. PS - didn't make the road trip but have followed the pics and messages, it sounded wonderful, it's amazing how you offered this up for those of us who feel like we somehow know you. It's a fantastic thing you're doing. I have my best friend and I both hooked, on a Friday night when we get together our first topic is inevitably "How Cathe kicked our butts this week". You're awesome. Thanks.

Hi Weeble! Thank you for such a complimentary note. You are very kind!

I ahve to be honest and say in the last 6 months I have not been able to stay committed to a set program of any kind because my schedule has been all over the place.

But, generally speaking for maintenance, I like to hit cardio 4 days a week 40 to 50 minutes, eat moderately clean, and hit the weights two times a week (total body).

To "up it" to the next level, I try to do generally intense cardio 3 times a week for 40 to 50 minutes a session and then interval style cardio another 3 times a week (total 6 days). I do heavy weights either as one body part per day per week or do 4 day split routines all with heavy weight. I eat very clean. If I find my muscle is "shrinking" on this set up, I back off on the cardio reducing a couple of workouts to 25 minutes and remove one day of it completely too.

You'll have to find what works for you. It takes a lot of trial and error. I find for myself, what works well for a while needs to be changed after a few months too. Its always a guessing game. But the key is to always do something.

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.