Cathe TV - online video downloads?

Vee

Cathlete
Hello Cathe,

I found this link that seems to be a test site (the video download does not work).

http://www.cathe.com/Cathe_TV.htm

I live in India and would be so delighted if you offered instant downloads of your videos (as opposed to buying DVD).

Vrinda

That's actually an old page and has nothing to do with the type of service you're referring to. I'm glad to hear that you're interested in digital downloads. This is something that we have spent a lot of time working on and developing. We do have a digital delivery network in place and we’re getting ready to start testing, but we just don’t feel the time is quite right to launch this type of service. We’ve been waiting on Apple to launch their new movie download service and for Apple to release their new IPOD with full screen viewing. As you know Apple just announced their movie download service a few days ago. We expect Microsoft to follow shortly as will several other companies.

In order for digital downloads to be successful in the market place we feel the consumer must easily be able to transfer the file to their TV. Watching on a computer is just not feasible for most as the screen size is usually too small and most importantly the computer is in the wrong room of the house. Digital downloads are going to be a very big business one day, but it still needs just a little bit more time before we feel our customers are ready for this service.

I see you’re an international customer and that’s one of the main demographic groups we feel digital downloads will at first be successful for. Currently, if you’re an international customer of ours you get clobbered with high shipping charges and outrages import taxes. These charges are usually more than what the DVD cost. With digital downloads these problems will disappear. Well, at least until governments start taxing digital downloads.

So your day is coming, but we just can’t say when yet. Apple will lead the way with this new technology and when we feel the marketplace is right we will launch our digital download service.

In a few months we will start our testing by web-casting some informational and tutorial shows just for download. These shows will be free and will be the first test of our network. If testing is successful and feedback is positive we will then perhaps start testing the download of our actual videos. We will just have to see how fast this new technology takes hold.

Thank You.

I hope your plans materialize soon. Until then I will continue to buy Cathe workouts on DVD. I wait until I visit US on business and buy locally. Apart from the shipping charges and customs charges, I face an issue with DVDs getting "lost" in India Customs.

Well, I hope to see your plans reach fruition soon. :) We have a Media Center PC (HP console) with extenders for each of our TVs. We also own portable media players. While I love the technology, there is a lack of content. Of course, that's part of the problem. No one wants to adopt the technology without content available yet content providers are waiting for customers. Plus, most people don't realize this stuff exists or that it's easy to use. *shrugs* We'll get there some day. I just hate being an early adopter and having to wait for decent content. :( I will say I appreciate how much more open you are to digital downloads. Some companies are still not wanting to go there.

Hi Vee, I am Mariángeles and I live in Spain. I always order my Cathe's from CK sales and I don't pay import taxes. Here you have a link: http://www.cksales.com/

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

You are welcome Vee.The import taxes are more than what the DVD cost.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.