Cathe- Question about S&H Biceps & Triceps

A

ange

Cathe,
I love the S&H biceps and triceps video. ( It's a real burner).
My question is when I am doing the over head presses my back does not feel likes it's getting the support it needs from sitting on my step ( I have the Reebok step) so I sat on a folding chair which worked perfectly, but my question is, can I do the over head presses standing up? Oh, when I did the wrist curls sitting on a folding chair it also felt much better also. I love the music in Biceps & Triceps and it makes me want to do Cardiokicks. :)

Ange

Hi Ange! Yes, you can do this exercise standing too. This is fine but be sure to keep your center core braced as you do this exercise. The reason that we are seated is so that 1) you avoid the temptation to arch your back as you get fatigued when struggling during your last reps 2) you are less able to use momentum 3) your lower body weight is more supported therefore allowing you to totally focus and concentrate on each slow upper body rep.

I have a bit of lordosis (excessive curve in my lower back) and I found that I was more comfortable sitting at the very edge of my step rather than completely on it in many exercises. This just felt more comfortable for my back and maybe something you might want to try, just a suggestion. Or simply use the folding chair, this is fine too. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.