Cathe a question....

ripley33

Cathlete
Cathe when you had your knee surgery how long was the recovery time? And what did you do for working out and did you lower your calories? I broke my leg yesterday and I am very anxious to have to give up cardio. I am also worried about becoming heavy. I thought you might have some advice for me.
Thanks in advance,
Laura

Cathe,
Just wondering if you didn't get a chance to look at this post so I am bumping it back up:D
Laura

Hi Laura! I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your leg. How are you feeling these days? How long will you have your cast on?

My recovery time was about three to four months. I did mostly upper body weight training and core. I also watched my diet like a hawk since extra calories were not something I was able to burn off easily.

I wish you lots of luck. Try to drink a lot of water and eat really clean. This in combination with weight training for upper body should keep your weight down and your muscles up :7

Your leg will have to make a comeback after you are cleared for exercise. You'll be amazed by how much muscle tone you lost....but the greatest news is you'll be even more amazed to find out what incredible muscle memory you have. Your leg strength will come back fast. The first two weeks will be rough but then the next 3 to 6 will be trememdously improved.

Best of luck to you as you recover :)

Thanks so much for your advice Cathe.

I have been doing Body Max 2 upper body X 2 every second day with the abs from the same DVD. I have been walking with crutches everyday with a longer walk on the day I don't do BMax2. Do you have any other recommended DVDs that you think would be good to do?

I get a walking cast on the 4th and it will most likely be coming off at the end of May. I feel fine pain wise and stopped taking painkillers about 4 or 5 days ago.

I love your workouts and look forward to being able to do your killer cardio workouts when I recover!

Thanks again,
Laura:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.