Cathe, please help me find the right step tape

Fitlaurie

I now have all your DVD's and love what I've done. I find that I want to lift weights all the time because your workouts are fun and really different. Don't worry, I don't lift weights every day - I only wish I did.

My question is this, I have your DVD step tapes and I just can't follow them. They go fast and I haven't done much stepping in the past (except for the Firm tapes which don't really have you moving around much at all). So, I don't know how to move around the step and do the steps.

Can you recommend a "beginners" tape that will get me started on your step classes? They look like so much fun and I REALLY want to do them!

By the way, I have been doing your kickboxing DVD and love it. I can definitely do that one (except those cruel lunge things you have in there!).

Thanks Cathe for great tapes.

Laurie

Laurie, I'm not Cathe, but I started out with Mega Step Blast. I have never done much stepping either, but this tape is fairly simple. The Wedding tape and Step Heat are also suppose to be fairly good ones for people who have not had much step experience, but I don't have those tapes... yet.

non-Cathe recommendations

I'm not Cathe either, but if the Firm is all you've done in the past for stepping, you're lacking in some of the stepping basics you really need to be able to safely enjoy Cathe's workouts. I would recommend Kathy Smith's Step Workout as a good tape to pick up the basics of safe stepping technique. I'm sure that others here can also recommend good starter step tapes. After you have that down, then as a 1st Cathe step workout, you can't go wrong with the Wedding tape. Don't be put off by the title. It's an excellent workout no matter what your life circumstances are. :) It builds the combos more slowly and will help you to get a feel for Cathe's choreography. Once that is under your belt, progressing through Step Max, Step Heat, and Step Jam will help you get a "vocabulary" of common Cathe moves so you don't have to struggle as much to pick up the choreography in her Cardio Hits DVD. I would suggest mastering both Power Max and Step Fit before tackling Step Works, Interval Max, Body Max, or the step section of MIC. They move more quickly and depend more heavily on being familiar with Cathe's past workouts.

This is just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, right? ;-)

Erin

Hi Laurie;

I have had, or have, most of Cathe's step tapes and if you are referring to 'Rythmic Step, I have found this one a little difficult, although loads of fun. I have done it about 5 times and still don't have it down pat. This is the first time this has happened to me, so when I can't quite get a part, I just stay aerobic and keep my eyes on what they are doing as I know eventually I will get it. This is the very, very, first time it has taken me soo long to get the moves down, I never had a problem with any of Cathe's other tapes. If you're not referring to this tape, Sorry!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.