Cathe -- Please Help -- I'm Newer & Need Some Direction

lorajc

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I am not new to exercise but I'm new to your workouts. I've been exercising 6 days a week for the past 17 years, but due to a neck injury, I was not lifting heavy weights for a while. I am ready to start again (and I have). Over the last month, I purchased all of your Series from Hardcore to Pure Strength. I only have a few of the older cardio tapes though. I have a couple questions for you.

1. I am a classic ectomorph on top but I have a pear bottom. I only need to lean out my legs and flatten my stomach. I'm 45 years old, 5'7" tall and weigh 124 lbs (but I'm very small boned- I wear children's eyeglasses). I want to lean my legs out and firm up my bottom and I really need to add some muscle and definition to my upper body and flatten my lower abs. I recently did the Hardcore Fatloss Rotation (only maintained my weight - don't think I can go any lower). I would love if you could do a personalized rotation for me. Is lifting weights twice a week enough for me or should I be lifting 3 times a week.

2. Is it okay for me to use the Slow & Heavy series on my lower half?

3. What exercise could I possibly be doing incorrectly to cause trapezius and leveator scapulae pain? (I've been wondering if I'm working my biceps incorrectly....this mostly happens on the right side and I'm right handed). Excercises that my physical therapist has prohibited me from doing are military presses, upright rows (without modifying), tricep dips, overhead tricep extensions and pushups on the floor....I have to do them on the wall.

I Would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me. I love you. You are the ultimate in home exercise and I'm sad that it's taken me this long to discover you, but I'm very dedicated to my home workouts and thrilled to have you in my home. I'd also like to mention that I'm a clean eater but I do cheat every once and a while (a girl has to have chocolate, right?) sorry if this is long....I'm a detailed person.

Cathe is not responding and you could die waiting.

I think I mentioned this to you before but the simple and obvious solution to your problem and one many sensible women use is to train the 2 parts of your body differently.

Strength emphasis on top, and yes, S&H is fab for this, but endurance training on bottom, so Leaner Legs, Legs & Glutes and GS legs keeping weights low.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.