Cathe - Need Strength Help!!

niclyf

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I hope all is going well and your enjoying being back to your normal schedule with the release of the new series! I LOVE these workouts, I actually SMILE during IMAX .. except during Interval #9 }>

Here's my dilemma .. I can't seem to make progress on certain muscle groups and am hoping you can provide some suggestions. Within the last 6 months, I've done a Power Hour/MIS rotation (2x PH, 1x MIS), a S&H Rotation, and 2 PS Rotations. While I'm happy with the strength gains I've made in other areas and the nice definition and toning I've acquired, I can't seem to get my shoulders and biceps to progress at all! I've been stuck at the same weight load for probably close to a year! Can you make any suggestions for training them in a way that might encourage more significant gains? In addition, can you offer any advice on working up to more straight leg push-ups? I can do about 2 sets of 12, and then I'm toast after that!

Thanks Greatly for your awesome workout, and great advice!
~ Nicole

not cathe but here is what I would do.I would train 1 body part a day this way you can really focus on your weak area.Think of it this way by the time you work your chest and back your smaller muscles are already tired.I have done this with the ps series chest one day than back and so on.I enjoy doing it this way it really helps my weak areas.right now I am working them all in one day with the new intensity series.But when I am done with this I just got s&h and I am going to split it up into 1 part a day.I can always lift heavier with 1 body part.push ups are tough I don't know what you could do to increase them maybe when you can't do the st.legs still do them on your knees.I always change my leg postion like cross one on top of the other it helps but I believe it is more mentally.Hope this helped give it a try I think you will like the gains.And then go back to all upper in one day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.