Cathe, my boyfriend needs your advice.

SDH

First of all THANK YOU for turning my couch potato boyfriend of 7 years into a bodybuilder. He used to grumble about my exercising because I would kick him out of the living room to use your videos. I encouraged him to try your MIS video and we took turns with my barbell and step for each body part (i.e. extra longs rests!). Next thing you know, he's kicking me out of the living room! - and then he goes out and buys a step and a barbell plus lifting gloves and heavier dumbells and we do your videos together. I've caught him posing in the bathroom mirror many times what with his new arms and chest. My question for him is this - he is more concerned about building mass and size than toning. We have all of your strength training programs so which one do you think would be better for building size? MIS, PS or the new S & H and Powerhour? Incidentally, we tried Powerhour yesterday and he was upset to find that he couldn't handle as much wieght as usual due to the slowness. I don't care, I felt the burn! Anyway, let me know which ones you think would help him with mass the most so I can tell him. On another subject - I would love to get him into cardio as well, maybe it would help if you had a guy in future step videos and have intense but simple "manly" moves (maybe no "cha-cha's"), because he can't even seem to keep the beat on your warm-ups. He looks like me during my first Rhythmic Step experience during warm-up's. Incidentally, he really admires you. He yell's "look at her arms, look at her arm's!" during the workouts. Thanks in advance for your help!
p.s. Congrats on your upcoming new baby!

I've read in other posts that alot of the male Cath-ites out there enjoy the PS series, and from reading the desciption of the S&H series, it seems that would be pretty "manly" too. Has your or your boyfriend done CardioKicks?? It's no step and the video has two guys in it for a touch of testosterone.

:) Stacy

Hi SDH! I would suggest to your boyfriend either PS Series but he's going to have to remember the exercises and sets and reps and repeat them several more times. He's going to have to do much more in PS Legs (a lot more squats as heavy a weight as he can handle and sit and stands). Also tell him while on the new program to up his protein (maybe "carbo cycle"); stay on a high protein diet 3 days and 2 days high carbs. Certainly the Slow and Heavy series too. Again he'll have to do more than what's on these tapes. Or incorporate the pyramid method. As suggested Cardio Kicks is terrific for guys to do. I hope Trevor chimes in here to help. If not, have your boyfriend ask him directly on this board and certainly wait for Cathe to answer as I'm no expert. Just experiment and see what results he gets after say 3-4 weeks. Good luck! Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.