Cathe makes me hurt!!

faith4u

I love Cathe's workouts but everytime I do them it hurts my body so much. I have joint pain all the time AFTER the workout. It doesn't hurt usually while I am working out. Then eventually my lower back goes out and I am down for awhile.

I am at that point now where my back hurts so much.

I am just wondering if this is normal in the beginning and if it will get better or if it is too much for my back period.

I have been exercising for years but I want to get more into the advanced stuff rather than intermediate. I thought maybe some of you might have experienced this too.

Thanks,
Tracy

Tracy,

The only back problems I have ever had were from Tae Bo. Don't know if it was my form or what but I stay away from kick boxing because of it. What really helped me was going to a chiropractor. They even adjust my knees if I'm having any pain there too. Just my experience, I hope this helps. I wish you well, I know how frusterating it can be.

Not Cathe here - but you sound like me when I first started doing Cathe's workouts. I jumped in with both feet, doing hi impact too many days a week. What I've learned is that I can't do two hi impact workouts two days in a row. I ended up at the dr's with back spasms. I also had knee and hip pain.

I would recommend having your dr check out the joints and make sure it's not anything serious. If every thing checks out, experiment with different workouts, lower intensity, lower your step - lots of little things can make a huge difference.

Hope this helps.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Thanks Adina and Claude!

Claude, I think you may be right. For years I haven't been able to do step because of my knees. Then I was able to do it once per week without problems. The only problem is that I LOVE doing it. I can't seem to find another workout that gives me the same results as stepping does.

I have a mild case of cerebral palsey so my joints really get beat up from doing step. I was told my whole childhood that I shouldn't run or do any jumping etc... BUT that is no fun.:)

So I think you may be right that I am doing too much too soon.

Thanks you guys!!

Hi Faith....you just said it yourself....you are most likely doing too much too soon. Try using lighter weights and only doing 1 of my workouts per week. After three weeks at one a week, maintain somewhat lighter weight and add a second. Do this for another three weeks (takes these weeks to perfect your form). After this period, you can gradually add heavier weight to the program.

Once you have worked your way through the acclimation process, I would only recommend doing two total body weight workouts per week (ie: Muscle Max, Power Hour, etc.) or if your prefer split routines, then just one series per week (ie: pure strength series, gym style workout series)

Take Care....if the joint pain continues, definitely have it checked out by your doc.

Thanks Cathe. At this point it is mainly the cardio workouts that are causing the problems. Although, when I add weights in it will do me in too. :)

I have been doing your cross training tapes and then sometimes doing your kickboxing and low impact workout (can't remember the exact names).

I will pull back a little and gradually build up. I should have seen this coming since I can never do anything but full throttle.:) :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me some advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.