Cathe I'm struggling to shed the pounds

blessed

I have been working out for over ten years, I have most of Cathe's videos and bodyblast & Terminator DVD's and many, many videos besides Cathe's (I succomed to P90x).I have also pre-ordered the Hardcore series But I remain overweight by atleast 60lbs. I am a solid build and my weight is in my stomach and lower body, and I'd say I am very fit (Iam able to do IMAX1/2, BODYMAX etc)but yet I don't see the pounds melting away. I know diet plays a big part but I'd love a rotation from Cathe to follow. It's my birthday on September 11th and I'd love to lose some pounds before then. Cathe please help!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not cathe but I lost 45 lbs using cathe's dvds. What is important is to do an advanced cardio workout atleast 5 times a week. And do serious weight training, working every muscle group to exhaution once through the week. If you can throw in some yoga after a workout, then it would be great. Excercise will help you to some extent but it has to go hand in hand with a sensible low calorie, high fibre diet. Drink plenty of plain water.
What I find is most important is mental strength and discipline to stay on track.

mpeart,

I feel your pain - believe me. I was just coming on to the boards for some support myself today. I am 50 pounds overweight and like you can master a lot of Cathe's vids, but can't seem to shed the pounds. I am on Weight Watchers, but not 100% and I think that's my first step. Go back to being on the program 100% and use Cathe's vids to lose the weight. I'd love to keep in contact with you to keep the motivation going. Let me know if you are interested. :)

I will keep checking back to see if Cathe gives you a rotation, too, that I could use. :) I am following her July rotation right now and loving it.

Take care, Marcia :)

Thankyou for your advice I will keep it in mind, I needed that encouragement. I workout 6 days a week and do high intensity cardio( MIC,IMAX, Stepblast and CTX) and weight work (currently P90x, PPull,PS etc. I find it hard to stick to a rotation but if I know someone has had good results I try to give it a go. Should I reduce the cardio or the level of cardio? Heavy weights or light weights (I have slim series)? Questions, questions!!!! I would like to stay in contact with you MRShultz, it's good to hear your loving the July rotation, I must have a look at it.

I was at that point, still am & will probably always will be in some form or another. Last September I joined Weight Watchers online because I finally admitted to myself that I needed help and could not do it alone. Although I was working out and doing the Body for Life plan the weight would not come off.
I told myself the same day I subbed to WW online that I would follow rotations using Cathe's workouts. Fast forword to now... I've lost 35 pounds sensibly with Weight Watchers and using Cathe exclusively. It CAN be done. I'm about 6 pounds away from my goal weight and I can fit into clothes I never thought I could; I've gone down 5 dress sizes. I feel fit, toned and my self esteem has increased tremedously. My neighbors could not believe how much different I looked when spring arrived compared to before coat season. It has been a slow and steady progress along the way, it's not easy but worth it; but for me it has been working because I finally took control of my body back.

I KNOW WHAT YOU SAY. I WAS OVERWEIGHT TWO YEARS AGO. I WAS IN 72 KILOS . I THINK A POUND IS HALF A KILO.I LOST THE OVERWEIGHT WITH A STRONG MIND. I WANTED TO LOSE WEIGHT AND THERE WAS ONLY A ROAD: EAT HEALTHY AND EXERCISE. AFTER ALL THIS LONG ROAD, I TELL YOU SOMETHING.THE BEST THING I DISCOVERED IS THAT I HAVE TO LEARN TO LOVE ME . YOU ARE NOT ONLY MUSCLES AND POUNDS . ALL OF USE ARE CREATIONS OF OUR GOD AND WE ARE BEAUTIFUL OVERWEIGHT OR NOT.:)

Stayfit, I love your response! What a beautiful attitude you have! Thank you for posting this. I totally agree!!

Carol
:) :) :)

edited to add that 1 kilo equals 2.2 pounds, in case anyone wants to know

Stayfit..that was an awesome response. Ya know after having three hefty sized healthy children I dont stress about my weight like I used to, I look at my children and think wow my body created that..oh well if I am carrying a few extra..I work out religiously and eat healthy..I REFUSE to starve myself

I think if I had kids I might not worry soooo much about my weight, but unfortunately I haven't and I am also single and 40! I would just like to see the scale or inches to move. At one point I was exercising twice a day and just became exhausted. I only get days when I'm really frustrated otherwise I know I'm blessed and can even out run my 11 year old nephew!!! I'd love someone to let me know what rotation worked for them (I know we're not all the same) but it would give me a focus. Thanks! I know Cathe is busy but I'm sure one of her educated crowd can help.

M

Toning and strength/muscle building is from Weight Training. Weight loss is from DIET. You do not go into the diet portion and I think that may be your problem. I saw immediate results when I got serious with my exercise (inches shedded, etc), but for me to drop the pounds I had to modify and become STRICT with my diet. Get a journal and write down everything you put in your mouth. This aided me, guided me, and helped me stay focus. Once you become serious with your diet, you will see the pounds drop even faster incorporating Cathe on a daily basis. Hope this helps!!

Linda Robinson
"I can be changed by what happens to me, but I
refuse to be reduced by it." ...Maya Angelou

Only have a minute but just wanted to jump in and say what you eat is Key key key and needs to be addressed unless you want it to be another 10 years and you are still where you are at, frustration wise. If you want to make a change....make it in what you eat. I did WW too, I thought it was fabulous. I still use the principles to guide how I eat, to make healthy choices and realize how my life/workout schedule affects what I should be eating that day.

You sound like aerobically you are doing awesome.

Yes be happy & feel good about yourself I totally agree, etc but if you want to take your body to the next level....take a good look at the fuel you are putting into the engine.

Hope this helps.
Jen

I second Weight Watchers Online. It really works! I tried it last summer and it really taught me all about portion control and I lost 12 lbs.

I think you are all absolutely right about the diet. I have good days and bad, but i need to focus more. I do keep a journal currently so I will continue to do that. WW seems a good idea and not so restrictive(points).I have just over 7 weeks till my birthday, if I can lose 10lbs by then I will be very happy. I will keep you all updated. This is a great motivation, thanks

M

I was struggling to shed the pounds as well. I tried many diet...atkins, low carb, low calories, low fat etc...And end up gaining and gaining. I found that my real problem is the craving monster! in particular for chocolate and all the sweet stuff... When i crave then i know that it is the end of the diet.

Then i bought the Fat Flush Plan book:) read it and i thought that it make sense and i'd give it a try... Then it work fantastically on my...i really like it....never feel hungry..and feel that i have a lots of stuff i can eat.

It is the first diet (and perhaps the only one) that works on me. Am now only 2 pounds away from my goal!!!!

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.