Cathe, I think you & your crew would get a kick out of this......

LauraMax

Cathlete
Barbie Dolls Inc. Announces The Release Today of Models of Limited Edition Barbie Dolls for the New Jersey Market :

Livingston Barbie-
This princess Barbie is only sold at the Short Hills Mall. She comes with Kenneth Cole 4-inch clunky shoes, an assortment of Kate Spade handbags and a Mercedes-Benz stretch limo. Options include tummy tuck, face lift and a workaholic Ken.

Caldwell Barbie-
This trendy homemaker Barbie is available with the Lexus SUV or Ford Windstar minivan, gets lost easily, and has no full time occupation or secondary education. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately.

Newark Barbie-
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a low-rider Hyundai with oversized wheels and tinted windows.

Hoboken Barbie-
This yuppie Barbie comes with choice of a BMW sports car or a souped-up Hummer 2, which cruises until 2:00 am.

South Jersey Barbie (SOUTH Jersey - (609) or (856) - not Monmouth/Ocean County!)- This white-trash model comes in Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR shirt, big hair, a six pack of Coors Light and a Hank, Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and she can kick Ken's ass when she's drunk. A pickup is available with Confederate flag bumper stickers.

Belmar - Seaside Barbie
This gum-chewing, Trans-Am driving Barbie still has not learned that you can't wear "white" pumps and walk on the boardwalk without your heel falling between the boards while you chase your Italian gold-chain wearing boyfriend. Her make-up is dark colored lip liner with lips covered in a sparkly nude color or no fill-in at all. Her ensemble includes low-rise flared colored jeans with assorted colored G-strings that stick out the back, a white barely-there see-through shirt. Her long,layered hair is bleached/highlighted and BIG. Accessories include: CD-player equipped with Bon Jovi and Springsteen CD's, Big can of Stiff Stuff Hair Spray, 9 pre-paid tanning sessions, mirrored heart key-chain (won on the boardwalk) engraved with your Italian boyfriend's name.

But where's the Cathe Barbie. She is wearing a really cute workout outfit. Her muscles are sculpted perfectly. She comes with a mini step and weight set. When you pull the string on her back, she says different sayings from her DVD's like " You can do anything for a minute". To complete the set make sure you get all of her crew too. I'd buy those.

Jean

RE: Cathe, I think you & your crew would get a kick out...

>But where's the Cathe Barbie. She is wearing a really cute
>workout outfit. Her muscles are sculpted perfectly. She
>comes with a mini step and weight set. When you pull the
>string on her back, she says different sayings from her DVD's
>like " You can do anything for a minute". To complete the set
>make sure you get all of her crew too. I'd buy those.
>
>Jean

I would totally buy that one!

LOL! I'm from Jersey (worked in the Short Hills Mall!) and I think Barbie has nailed her target buyers well! :7 :7

Deanie

PS- big hair and your name on a necklace screams Jersey! Love it!

Annette Bethel

Are you sure the South Jersey Barbie isn't from SC? :D....
PS: I am from SC, and I thought that was funny as well....

>
>Annette Bethel
>
>
>Are you sure the South Jersey Barbie isn't from SC? :D....
>PS: I am from SC, and I thought that was funny as well....

I'm sure she is from somewhere other than South Jersey because I live in South Jersey & don't know anyone that likes Nascar, drinks beer, or spits.

In fact, I expect to get flamed for saying this but I find that particular reference extremely offensive--no matter where this particular Barbie might be from.

Awww 'cmon, it was pretty cute. Ya gotta laugh a little at silly stuff.:7

No flames here...

When I saw the Barbie descriptions, I was concerned that someone from the regions mentioned would get offended. I'm sure no harm or offense was intended but I can see your point of view.

Try to think of it as a cartoon characterization. I had mine done once and the way the guy drew me really ticked me off. My friends, however, thought it was hilarious. I settled down eventually and began to see the humor in it after I got over the insulting feeling that he really saw me that way. He didn't. He simply took some of my more noticeable features and exaggerated them. I didn't like it but he really didn't mean any harm. I think that's the case here as well. I'm hoping you understand what I'm trying to say and that no one flames you for your opinion. It's yours, you have a right to voice it and just like the air... it's free. :D

On a lighter note...

You've got to love that "Cathe Barbie and her Fitness Crew idea". How great would that be?!

Take care,

Teals

I'm from south Jersey too. I didn't find it offensive at all--it was just a joke for pete's sake!

>
>In fact, I expect to get flamed for saying this but I find
>that particular reference extremely offensive--no matter where
>this particular Barbie might be from.

JohnsWife, just wanted to tell you I sympathize with you, although probably you will hear "oh lighten up!!" quite a bit LOL. I'm a blonde and I really do get annoyed with I hear blonde jokes. I think that's just the nature of these kinds of jokes, if you're in the group that's the subject of the joke it's maybe not that funny, but from the outside looking in it's just a harmless chuckle.

I'm also from South Jersey - it's not offensive to me but it's not really accurate, either. I would say South Jersey Barbie would be driving an extra-large SUV down 295 on her way to JDR, perhaps riding your bumper at 85 mph, clutching a Wawa coffee in one hand and her cell phone in the other, pausing in conversation , of course, to curse you out. She would not have big 80s hair (don't see that too much anymore) but she would have daggerlike fake nails that could easily sever someone's jugular. :)

Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.