Cathe, I dont feel the burn during Pure strength

kittykat

Hi Cathe,
I hear about working out till you feel the burn. Yet when I do the pure strength series I dont get a burn. My muscles just start to shake after a while and dont work anymore. For example triceps, till i was done with the cross overs this morning the muscle simply wouldnt lift 7.5 lbs so i went down to 5 lbs for a few lifts then it wouldnt lift the 5s anymore. I dont even get the burn on abdominals, just have to stop as my lower back begins to hurt to much. Is something wrong or is no burn OK for some people? Thanks, Kitty

I would also like an answer to this. I have noticed that I definitely feel the burn in the CTX series, but not the PS series. I can go heavier in the PS, but I feel fatigued instead of feeling the burn. In the CTX Series, I feel the burn plus I feel sore the next day. I never get sore with the PS series. Am I maybe using better form on the CTX series since my weights are lighter? The lighter weights do not feel heavy enough, though, on the PS tapes. I hope this all makes sense.

Hi, everyone, my first post here, the Firm Forum won't let me on! Regarding your question, from my experience, I know that muscle failure, what you have described, is the goal of strength training. This is how you know you have thoroughly fatigued that muscle, when it won't do one more rep for you. I think the burn you are referring to is not really important. I do feel a burn sometimes, but it is usually in the larger muscles, i.e.legs, and during more endurance workouts. As for your lower back hurting during abs, check your form!!! Your lower back should not be hurting at all. Tilt your pelvis up during your abs workout, so your lower back stays in contact with the floor at all times. I hope this helps!

Hi Kitty! Many times you will feel more of a burn with endurance workouts because you go a little longer with less rest period and the lactic acid really builds up in the muscle. When strength training with heavier weight you may experience more of a "hit the wall" feeling in your muscles. Its not that they burn so much(yet they could) but more like they are stuck, tremble, and then feel like they just want to give out. This is normal. What I sometimes do while on the last fighting rep, is try to hold it in the "stick zone" for as long as I can control it, and then safely lower the weight down. If you have the luxury of a spotter, this would be a more ideal situation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.