Cathe help! Need advice to be in shape for my wedding

audreygayle

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

First, thank you for your wonderful workouts. They are fun and challenging. :)

In 2000, I lost 40#'s on Weight Watchers and with an exercise program. I was walking/jogging and doing FIRM tapes. (these don't seem like much of a challenge since I've discovered your workouts.)

My fiance moved here in mid 2001, and I've been gaining weight since then. :( We eat out more, and my time isn't my own like it was as a single gal, so if I miss exercising in the am, I'm not always able to make it up later. It doesn't help that we're having such a cold, snowy winter this year, as my asthma acts up if I try to go running when it's below 40, but I know I should be able to get a good cardio workout inside, till it gets warmer out.

BUT, I know I what I have to do now, to get rid of the 20#'s that have re-found me. I have to start counting points and making exercise a daily part of my life again, and I have to do this whether or not my fiance chooses to join me in this.
My wedding is 11/1/03. I want those 20#'s gone by then (perhaps taking some of their friends with them. <g>), and I want more upper body definition, as the dress is strapless.

I have all of your DVD's plus some yoga ones, but no tapes of the older workouts that are not on DVD.

My questions:
1) What is the best exercise plan for me to achieve these goals?

2) How do I best utilize the DVD's?

3)I know some are meant to go all out heavy with the most weight I can lift, and others are more for endurance and should be lighter (mid range?) and even others are more of a cardio workout and should be very light. Which are which? I'm a bit confused, and I've managed to aggrevate an injury this week, from going too heavy. I want to avoid doing that, as injuries mean a complete rest from workouts, which doesn't do anything towards weightloss.

4) I have 2 left feet... would I benefit from getting the Wedding Tape cause I've heard the choreography is easier to follow, even though I'm not too keen on any more VHS workouts?

Thanks so much for any advise you can offer. I think it is wonderful that you have such forum where we can ask questions. :)

~Audrey

Cathe, I'm sure you are swamped with questions, and I know you can't get to them all. If possible, can you please give me some guidance on pts 3 and 4?

I'm working with my chiropractor to figure out the best plan for me to be working out, with out aggrevating neck/shoulder injuries, but I still want your help on how best to use the workouts. What are the relative weight guidelines for the various workouts?

and on question 4, after 2 workouts, I'm comfortable with the footwork on CTX Kickboxing (wow, what a fun, energizing workout! I love doing this one), but still trip all over when I attempt all step on CTX.. if that gives you some idea how choreographically challenged I am.

Thanks for any help. :)

~Audrey

ok, I'm talking to myself here :)

I think I've figured out a workout plan that I can stick with (important! cause if I can't stay with it, it can be terrific, but useless), that won't aggrevate injuries, but I still have a few questions.

M-Pyramid Upper Body (love this dvd!) - am, Cardio pm
T- Lower Body *
W- Yoga am/ Cardio pm
Th- Pyramid Upper Body am/cardio pm
Fr - Lower Body*
Sa yoga am/cardio pm
Su rest day

My cardio is vague, some days will be intense (at least 1x a week), some more of a long walk on the beach. I like the idea of variety here.. and I keep hoping it will warm up enough to go running.

My yoga workouts are mostly stretching and are short sessions. I like the idea of doing them the day after the strength workouts. By Wed/Sa Doms has set in on the upperbody and the yoga feels great.

*My question is about the lower body workouts. Am I better off rotating the DVD's I have (CTX Leaner Legs, Pure Strength legs, Slow & Heavy Legs and Pyramid Lower Body), each workout, or doing one of the workouts 2x a week for 4 weeks and then switching?

Thanks for any advice :) and again, thanks for the wonderful workouts. I look forward to my workout sessions these days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.