Cathe: help on this lifting rotation??

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! I've been using your weight lifting and cardio tapes for about 3 or 4 years (have them all and rotate), and have decided to take a short break from using strength tapes in order to work each body part once per week. I am on my third week of working on my own, and am feeling pleasantly sore in addition to having been able to increase my weights quite a bit. I'm wondering if I have chosen effective exercises, and if I should be doing them in a certain order to achieve maximum strength and definition gains. I am aware that for definition I need to be eating quite clean, and I also know that each person responds differently... However, I'm sure there is some logic to the order of exercises that you choose for a workout, so I was hoping for your input. Please be blunt with me-- I may have chosen exercises that are completely ineffective or repetitious! Here' s what I've been doing, and in the order I do them: (I am limited to dumbells and barbell work)
BACK:
T-bar rows
supermans
lat rows
overhead pulldowns (like from S&H)
wide grip barbell rows (underhand 1 set, overhand 2 sets)
CHEST:
pushups
flies (flyes?)
incline barbell chest press
incline flies

SHOULDERS:
bent arm side lateral raise
rear delt flies
dumbell military press
dumbell front raise
side lying rotations (like in S&H)
seated clean and press (as in PS)

BICEPS:
hammer curls
barbell curls
wrist curls
seated dumbell curls

TRICEPS:
crossbody kickbacks
dumbell french press
kickbacks (flat back, 2 arms, like in PH & SH)
overhead extension (can't do dips)

I should mention that I am going as heavy as I can while still being able to complete at least 8 and no more than 12 repetitions for 3 sets of each exercise. I am most wanting to develop my shoulders and triceps--althought I am strong in these areas, I would love to see more definition. My back, chest and biceps I am not as concerned with, as I see both strength and definition in these areas.

Thank you so much for your input Cathe. I am anticipating the arrival of your newest DVDs with gleefully baited breath!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.