And Cathe flashed before my eyes!!

skelly50

Ok, not really a question, but a fairly hilarious story...I was walking home from work last night (one of the benefits of being a city gal), when I tripped and fell. Not gracefully or quietly; I flew what felt like 50 feet in the air in slow-motion and landed smack on my elbow, which promptly began to projectile-spurt blood. Not only that, but I happened to be on a college campus, so the snickers of frat boys, not one of whom helped me up or even asked if I was ok, echoed through the streets. What does this have to do with Cathe? As I was falling (hurtling through the air may be a more accurate description!), what flashed through my mind was "If I hurt myself, how am I going to get my daily Cathe fix???" As I lay dazed on the pavement, I thought, "if I broke something, I can't do a video tomorrow!" Luckily, nothing was hurt too badly, and I sweated and cursed my way through All Step this morning as planned! Is the fact that Cathe was the first thing to cross my mind when faced with possible injury a sign of CTX addiction? :p

I've done that!

Glad you weren't hurt too badly - sounds like a nasty fall.
When I got knocked down while roller skating in January, I immediately thought of my workouts. I landed on my tailbone and figured I would have to lay off of cardio and lower body strength work. Then, I realized that my wrist was hurt too and knew I was doomed - no upper body strength and no typing on the computer!! Laundry, shopping, cooking and cleaning never entered my mind - I just didn't want to have to give up my workouts!
By the way, I can't believe that no one offered to help you up. The guy that knocked me down didn't stop to see if I was ok either (I broke my tailbone and had two hairline fractures in my wrist). People can be so incredibly rude.
Erica

RE: Yes, I Relate Also

OMG, Im so sorry you both fell/got knocked down. Those are both terrible falls. I took a spill also, but nothing compared to you two.

It was in the middle of the night and nature was whispering "Get up and go potty" I said no, she said yes and she won. In a sleepwalk daze, my knee sorta went out from under me, and I slo-moed right in to the dresser knocking myself backwards. The first thought passing through my gray matter was my workout.

I had soft tissue damage from the spill and it was several weeks before I could excercise full out again.

BTW, my nickname at home is "Grace" (no offense to any Grace's out there). My daughter is nicknamed "Daughter-of-Grace".

Heal Quickly,
DM

First, I'm so sorry that you got hurt. Sounds like it really hurt!!!

This also happened to me right after I had my daughter. About 5 weeks pp I started to get back into my workouts...Cathe of course! What happens after only 2 videos? I severly sprained my ankle taking out the garbage....LOL. Now it wasn't the first thing that went through my mind on the way down. I was hoping nobody in the neighborhood was looking at me :) But as I'm holding my leg in God awful pain and praying that it would stop, in the back of my head I thought "I just started to do Cathe again!! This is not fair!". Not anything like OMG, hubby is out of town and how am I going to take care of my kids. Noooo, I was worrying about not being able to do Cathe...LOL. We are a devoted bunch aren't we?!

Don't push yourself too much though, okay? Take it easy with your arm and keep some ice on it :)

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/Alli.gif

I know exactly what you speak of. Last fall, I was running and twisted my ankle. Down I went. One knee got quite bloody. A couple of women went past me and offered no help. It was only when I was walking by some middle schoolers did I hear "Are you going to be o.k? Do you need some help?" Anyway, my first thought (after "ouch!") was how am I going to do my Cathe tapes?

This is So Funny...

There is Not a Time I do not mount my horse, Echo, without the thought that "You better not spill me today, bub--I gotta workout!"

RE: This is So Funny...

It is funny....or else it just makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with these kind of immediate thoughts!!!! It IS my first thought whenever I maybe feel my back going out (something I have to be careful about) or whatever it might be...it would be so awful to not be able to do my workout with Cathe!!

It is funny....or else it just makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with these kind of immediate thoughts!!!! It IS my first thought whenever I maybe feel my back going out (something I have to be careful about) or whatever it might be...it would be so awful to not be able to do my workout with Cathe!!

Mid-night runs

DM- I was glad to read your post only from the perspective that I know I am not the only one that has ever done that. I go in my sleep sometimes--as in walk to the bathroom, go, and go back to bed. I am NOT awake.
One night I apparently tripped, fell flat on my face, and knocked myself out. I had a huge carpet burn on my forehead and was very very lucky not to have broken anything or done brain damage. I had no idea how it happened. My boyfriend came home and found me on the floor, sleeping away. At first he thought we'd been robbed and I'd been raped or something. It wasn't funny then, but it sure is now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.