Cathe or Educated Crowd

suebee

Cathlete
I want to do a three day split plus one total body strength workout a week and was wondering what workouts would be best together. For example I would do the GS with MM in the the same week. I thought maybe PS with MIS? The other two I don't know what to pair up with are The Pyramids and Slow and Heavy. I know ME and PH are muscle endurance workouts but really don't know what SS or PP are classified as. Again I want strength not endurance. If it's not too much to ask what would be the best sequence GS then PS etc. how many weeks on each? Thank you so much for your variety of workouts and advice.

Thanks

Susan

Susan,
Have you tried asking this question in the Open Discussion Forum? Many of them are very knowledgeable. Have a great day:)

Hi Susan! You can mix and match it however you like. If you prefer to keep your total body workouts more strength based then you can use the format of any of the total body workouts (ie: Power Hour and Muscle Endurance included) and select heavier weight for the exercises with less reps. For instance, if I am doing high reps with bicep curls, you can pick up heavier weight and also do bicep curls with lower reps.

If you are looking for strength, try doing 3 weeks of slow and heavy, then 3 weeks of pyramids, and then 3 weeks of gym styles. Take a full week off of lifting heavy and then come back to one to two weeks of muscle endurance workouts for an active extended recovery from the heavy weights.

Then go back and repeat it all (make subtle changes such rearranging the order of the three series and/or doing the specific selected series in a different order (ie: start with the leg tape that week in stead of chest and back)

Have Fun!

Thank you Cathe for your reply. I think by doing different 3 day splits every 3 weeks I wouldn't get bored. I should have thought about modifying the endurance total body workouts to be strength workouts. Basically no workout is off limits to my goals. I'll let you know how this works for me.

Thanks again

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.