Cathe,Cathe,Cathe!

Aimee

Cathlete
I just finished taping PS SLA, and that looks tough!! I plan on doing it later this morning for part of my workout. I do have a question though, how high were those toppers? And what's the lowest height we could do to get results? I have a cooler that I believe is 15-16", would that be ok? I'm only 5'1" and I heard somewhere that the knee shouldn't go past 90 degrees with your foot on it. Is that right? Anyway, just had to tell you that SLA looks so tough, that this will be another "must have" for me!! Thanks!

Step height

Aimee,

15-16" step height is too high for the step ups. I am 5'2" and use a 14" step. Cathe and her crew are using a 12" step for the step ups. You may want to consider finding a rubbermaid stool (many people use this) to use for these exercises.
Lorrayne

That's what I use....

You can find it at Target, Wal-Mart or any hardware store. My only problem is my quads are so fatigued (Sp?) by the time they come around, I have a very hard time doing them
sad.gif

Alli
happy.gif

I just did SLA

along with CST, the back and bi sections of MIS, and the step part of TWV. Boy, am I pooped
happy.gif
! But when I did the step ups on my cooler my knee crackeled, I found a Rubbermaid laundry basket in the back room and measured it. 121/2 inches!! Perfect fit, for now. Where can I find extra risers just to put under the board? To me that would be much easier. However, I own a smaller version of the regular steps. If anybody knows where I can get some, please let me know. Thanks!!

Hi Aimee!

Our toppers (which unfortunately are not available for purchase)are about 12 to 14 inches high. You want to select a height that keeps your knee from going beyond a 90 degree angle so that you do not stress your knees unnecessarily. The lowest height would be anything you are comfortable using that will provide you with full range of motion as you lift and lower.

I would not suggest using a cooler because it may not be able to support the weight and/or provide the proper stability. Try using a sturdy step stool or bench. Enjoy!

Wow!

Thats a lot! I bet you ARE pooped. I was just responding to your original thread when you posted this so I did not see these new questions.

As far as additional risers, I think you can order them from the step company(1-800-say-step).

Now, go enjoy a hot bath
happy.gif
!

Thanks Cathe!

For both of your posts. You were reading my mind, I just got out of the tub!! How I will survive soccer practice this evening is a mystery to me
happy.gif
! I will call that number you gave me. It really does seem eaiser, ya'know? Are the toppers going to be available any time in the future? If they are could you post and let us know? I love to get one! Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.