Cathe, can you help me with a rotation that will burn off my saddlebags?

B

Buffy

I have been doing your tapes faithfully for some time now (over a year) and before that I was doing the Firm for about 3 years, and although I am in relatively good shape, and I am 5ft 4in, 135 pounds, have a flat tummy and unflabby arms, I still have a problem with my outer thighs, particularly the saddlebag area. It is the worst area on my body. As you have probably guess, I am definitely a pear shape.

Right now I am doing cardio 4 times per week (one of your step tapes each of the 4 days) and weights at least 4 times per week, usually combining one half of each of the Slow and Heavy tapes per day with the cardio I do. For instance, yesterday I did Step Fit (all of it) and the triceps portion of the Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps Tape. Today I will do the cardio section of the Wedding Tape and the biceps section of the Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps Tape, and so on for tomorrow and the other days of the week. I rest on Saturdays. So, as you can see I am working hard, but still the hips persist!

I realize I can't spot reduce, but I was wondering what the best exercises or tapes or rotations might be for getting rid of these darn things. They aren't terrible, but they are there and they do bother me. I guess I just want nice smooth hips like yours...you look amazing.

Thanks for your help! I love your workouts and you are such a motivator for me. Your personality really shines through to me when I watch your tapes. Thanks for all you do!

Hi Buffy! Thank you for your kind words. Genetically your hip area may be your weak spot. That's not to say that there is nothing that you can do about it but instead that you will have to work harder even though your results may come slower.

My advice would be to do only 2 step workouts per week because you need to shock your body with a variety of cardio activities. I would suggest an interval walk/run workout and a kickbox workout for your other two workouts.

Also, if you can try to do the floor portion of PS strong legs two non-consecutive times per week along with your other weekly weight training sessions (which sounded fine).

Your food choices are so important and the cleaner the better, just what you want to hear with the holidays approaching right?;-)!

Good Luck!

Cathe thank you so so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to help me out. It means the world to me. You are my fitness role model, and for you to give me advice is just, well, wonderful. Thank you.

Hope you and baby and soon-to-be baby and family are all doing well. Thanks again! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.