Cathe, can you help me with fat legs?

aveggiegirl

Cathlete
Really. I don't need to lose weight and I am very happy with my upper body. I've been with you for over 6 years but I just can't rid the fat and gain muscle in my legs. (The pear shape is genetic.) I can grab a lot of inner and outter thigh. :confused: It wiggles and jiggles. Gross.

I am starting to think that I need to join a gym or purchase a leg press or Smith machine so that I can lift as heavy as possible. :( I will be the first to admit that my diet is not squeaky clean. It's pretty good but it could be better. However, even when I was "too thin" my legs were still movin' when I didn't want them to move. I have almost every one of your DVDs and do them 5-6 times per week. I know about the 1rms, switching up the routines, etc. My upper body has little fat (genetic) and responds very well to heavy weights.

Do you think I should buy a piece of equipment to help me up the amount of weight I am lifting or do you think I should just accept the fact that my fat is just destined to be on the hips and thighs? I am very frustrated.

I will graciously accept an honest answer. Thanks.

Aveggiegirl,

Not cathe here, obviously, but I have a similar situation but with a different body part. Like you, I don't really need to lose weight. My legs and glutes are firm, no cellulite, no jiggle etc.. but I've got a bit of a jelly belly. It's not so noticeable in clothes, but it's there. I don't eat super duper clean but my eating is pretty good and I mix up my workouts and workout hard - so yeah - whaddup? I think I know the answer. I have to live on lean protein with a few asparagus spears on the side for breakfast, lunch and dinner and air for snacks. that's it! but i can't! I'm sure the solution is a super clean diet. one day.

I am a firm believer that eating clean is 90% of getting great results. Check out my transformation under the spotlight. The before pic was taken July 5, 2010 and my stage pic was on may 21, 2011. It is possible to lose the fat and get muscle. I eat extremely clean because of the competitions. Keep up the great work and it will pay off.....I can tell you from experience that it can/will happen!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.